cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSUser password keeps changing itself

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we do not have the password that was set during installation for the ADSUser anymore and have changed it.

We are printing from ABAP WebDynpros and everything is working fine.

All of a sudden though the password or the ADSUser changes on its own, after resetting it it works fine again.

The user does not get blocked or is required to change the password and is set as Technical user in the UME.

Still it changes on it's own - anyone had that before?

Regards,

Andi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michel_dekimpe
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Visual Administrator -> Server -> Service -> Security provider

-> User Management -> fill in adsuser, click on it

there is a flag, 'no password change is required'

that solved my problem

Regards, Michel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi michel,

thanks for the suggestion, already done that though. It doesnt ask for a new PW (tested it) anyway.

regards,

Andi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rkresha
Participant
0 Kudos

I too am having this problem... did you ever find a fix?

UPDATE: Nevermind, I just deleted the ABAP ADSUser and now it works (didn't have to change the passwords or anything). It must get confused on which user to authenticate with when there is one on the ABAP side and another in the UME User Store with the same name.

Edited by: Rob Kresha on Apr 14, 2010 6:53 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I still havent found why this happens by the way.

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

here at SAP have never seen such a thing. I also can hardly imagine how it can happen. Are you sure that this is not done by someone? How has attached an other external system to this ADS and is using different password?

Kind regards,

Dezso

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

the userstore is ABAP, there is also an ADUSer in ABAP for some reason, but that one should not be used for this or would it?

Regards,

Andi

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

if the userstore is ABAP than the ADSUser from the ABAP will be used from the client of the property:

configtool:

Global Server Config -> services -> com.sap.security.core.ume.service

and let me know the value of the ume.r3.connection.master.client

Best regards,

Dezso

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

thanks for the answers so far.

I am back at this issue now and it is still happening.

Just to test I deleted the ABAP user and it is still working, so it must use the UME user, whcih is also apparent because the password I set for it does actually change because I can not logon with the one I set anymore once it happens.

However, the datastore is defo ABAP.

Further input is very much appreciated but I will also raise a message with SAP now.

Regards,

Andi