cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC sender without registered server program

0 Kudos

Hi,

we have a java application using JCo to call RFC FM in an ERP system. The parameters of this JCo application are only:

- System IP

- SysNr

- User

- PW

- Client

The java program uses connection pools so it seems to be a client program.

Now we have to move this cleint program from ERP to PI 7.1

Is there a way to receive data via RFC without using a registered server program. In the adapter configuration this fields are obligatory.

Regards

J.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Is there a way to receive data via RFC without using a registered server program. In the adapter configuration this fields are obligatory.

RFC -> XI --- this utilizes a sender RFC adapter

XI -> RFC -

-

this utilizes a Receiver RFC adapter

Now coming back to your question, reg. server program or in turn the program id has to be defined when using the rfc sender adapter, but now when using a RFC receiver adapter.

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In XI use Receiver RFC adapter(Which acts as a client) to acheive the same.

- Gujjeti.

Edited by: Praveen Gujjeti on Feb 19, 2009 3:23 PM

0 Kudos

Hi,

we sent RFC to PI.

The application sending the RFC is a Java program. There I can only enter the Function module. When I start the Java program it tells me, that this FM is avalible on the server because its logs onto the NetWeaver Appl. server of the PI and tries to execute the FM there.

I tried to configure a RFC sender adapter, but what values do I have to enter for Appl. Server/Gateway an Program ID? The call is not coming from an SAP System!

Do I have the change the JCo in the JAva program from client JCo to Server JCo?

Regards

J.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The application sending the RFC is a Java program

Do you mean that the sender java application is trying to call RFC? You may catch the request through client java proxy to XI and XI can then call the RFC. I hope I understood it clearly.

Regards,

Prateek

0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand what you mean, but this would mean that the Java program has to be changed. I would prefer only to change the logondata (Servicer IP and User data) in the existing and working Java program.

Regards

J.

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am bit confused.......

where does the RFC FM sit in the new requirement? in XI/PI or R/3.

- Gujjeti.

0 Kudos

Hi,

in the ERP.

The structure is imported to PI.

Java programs calls PI via JCo/RFC. PI routs the request to an SAP ERP.

Regards

J.

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then No need for proprietary java program. Go ahead with PI Receiver RFC adapter which does the same job.

- Gujjeti.

0 Kudos

The Java Program is necessary. This is an application a business process is running on. Business data has to be send to an ERP via PI.

The Java program can call an RFC, so I need the receive this call in PI.

Regards

J.

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If PI is a must, then you need to change atleast part of the java coding (Which actually calls the FM of ERP).

i.e., Dont call ERP RFC directly from java program, instead send your request to XI PIPELINE then route this request payload to Receiver ERP using RFC adapter. Your business logics should not change in Java Program.

Configure a scenario to acheive the same.......

- Gujjeti.

0 Kudos

Hi,

my question is how to sent the request to XI PIPELINE via an JCo adapter.

Regards

J.

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can directly post some message to PIPELINE provided you have sufficient authorizations.

For this you dont require a JCO.

Note: you can also post the message to PlainHTTPAdapter ( a different URL of XI which sits just before PIPELINE).

- Gujjeit.

Edited by: Praveen Gujjeti on Feb 19, 2009 4:14 PM

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don't try sending it through JCo adapter. Either use SOAP adapter or simply HTTP adapter to send data to XI.

Regards,

Prateek

0 Kudos

Why, it must be possible to send data via RFC to PI.

Regards

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

is there a solution in the meantime ? We have now 2011 and we have the same problem, that an external Software Product is only able to do RFC client calls to SAP or SAP PI.

We want to "receive" the call with PI Sender RFC adapter.

Regards

Thorsten Stork

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have the same issue I assume:

We want customer to connect using ERPCONNECT to our Sender RFC adapter. Is this possible and what settings do we need for program id, gateway name etc.

Thanks in advance,

Marco