cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service authentication

Former Member
0 Kudos

We tried to configure access control to our web services as described in this blog : [/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/17/xi-controlling-access-to-sensitive-interfaces|/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/17/xi-controlling-access-to-sensitive-interfaces]

We created a service user with role SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER. The users XIISUSER and XIAFUSER also contain the necessary roles.

We assigned the user to our service and/or sender agreement.

When testing the web service with SOAPUI or SOAPsonar, with the correct user name and password, we always get the following exception:

java.security.AccessControlException: J2EE_GUEST has no permission for accessing binding com.sap.aii.af.service.cpa.Binding@5646cbab ...

In the comm. channel monitor 2 entries are created at each call of the web service: "request received" and u201CError occurredu201D.

It seems the user / password of the web service request is not used in the call.

Do we have to configure some other services on the XI system in order to use user/password authentication on services/sender agreements?

Kind regards

Frank

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Frank,

Maybe you remember me from the MUSL-project at the University Maastricht, the SAP SLM implementation?

I do not know why your solution doesn't use the Username/Password, but you should try to bypass the Adapter Engine and process the SOAP-message directly into the Integration Engine, as described in this blog: /people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/21/using-the-soap-inbound-channel-of-the-integration-engine

It works fine for me! Even with 'Assigned User' authentication on 'Sender Agreement' level as well as on 'Service' level.

Regards,

Walter.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ideally nothing else is required. Regenerate the wsdl at XI and try to send the data again using PIAPPLUSER.

Regards,

Prateek