Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP to RFC not passing import parameter

alancecchini
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've set up my first SOAP to RFC scenario and the process executes successfully (as indicated in SXMB_MONI) when I send a SOAP request to the PI adapter engine using XML Spy for testing.

I set up only one message interface that is inbound, synchronous and dragged and linked the RFC definition to the input (RFC) and output(RFC.response).

As I don't want to perform any mapping I assume that one message interface will suffice.

When I debug the RFC call in the backend system, the import parameter is blank so no values are sent back to the PI system - if I change this in debug the process works fine.

The tracing in SXMB_MONI shows the value of the RFC import parameter all the way through the stages of the process.

Can anyone suggest what the problem may be and how I can diagnose further?

Thanks in advance,

Alan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have a SOAP call with an RFC xml message in the SOAP body, you have to strip the additional namespaces in the XML, as the RFC does not allow extra namespaces - besides the rfc namespace.

Use the XMLAnonymizerBean for this purpose.

Regards

Stefan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alan,

As Stefan said, you should use XMLAnonymizerBean module in your communication channel. This will remove the extra namespace which SOAP adds to your input.

In your case, you have to use this module on the RFC comm channel.

This way, you can avoid the message mapping is not data transformation is needed.

Check :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/45/d169186a29570ae10000000a114a6b/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Pooja Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

are you sure that the parameter for RFC was as expected during runtime

Check the RFC adapter in CC whether it has executed or not

Rajesh

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess the namespace and message format of SOAP sender and RFC receiver would differ. Therefore you need to perform mapping in this case.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with Pratek, you need to have mapping both request as well as response. The imported RFC metadata has SAP standard namespace, urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions, which is different from your SOAP sender message namespace.

Regards,

Lim..