cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in CJ40 Transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Need your help in sorting out the following issue.

I am trying to do cost planning using the tcode CJ40 and am following the steps mentioned below,

1) I created a cost element group in KAH1. All the cost elements have been created in the same controlling area and i have checked the validity of these cost elements.

2) I assigned this cost element group in transaction OPSB.

3) Now ,when i am executing transaction CJ40 and clicking on the Primary Costs button i am getting an error as "Group cannot be used"

I feel i have followed the right path to achieve my motive. Request you experts to kindly correct me and help me in solving this issue. I have checked whatever i could from my side.

Also would request you guys to throw some light on the concepts of "Planner Profile" and Planning Layout"

Thanks & Best Regards,

Gokul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ansd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

May I know who you solved the issue? I do have the same issue

Group  cannot be used

Message no. K8001

Diagnosis

Group  has not been created in controlling area  for the characteristic used, neither does it exist as a node within the group.

System Response

The SAP System rejects the row/column structure for group .

Former Member
0 Kudos

For your second query, refer this excellent blog by Sreenivas:

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check wether planning profile is assigned to the Project DEF (control tab).

i m not sure.

Regards,

Shruti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shruti,

I have assigned it in the Controlling tab of the Project Profile. So i dont think the problem is being caused due to this..

Neway thanks for the response..

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just want to make sure - does your cost element group have all primary cost elements?

Also, is there any more info in the long text of the error message?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Murali,

Yes i am using all Primary cost elements with cost element category 1. The long text of the error that i got is pasted below. Kindly check and see if u can help.

Group cannot be used

Message no. K8001

Diagnosis

Group has not been created in controlling area for the characteristic used, neither does it exist as a node within the group.

System Response

The SAP System rejects the row/column structure for group .

Procedure

1. Create group with the group maintenance transaction.

2. Or, correct the name of the group in planning layout or in the initial screen for planning.

Thanks & Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not quite sure what the issue could be yet, but these are the things I would check next (though they seem pretty basic).

1. Make sure that the name of the cost element group is correct.

2. When you enter CJ40, is the controlling area set to be the same as the controlling area of the cost element group? And, is the project in the same controlling area?

If these two verify right, I guess the next thing would be to send me the screenshots for the cost element group, project definition, planning profile to the address on my business card.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Murali,

Thanks for your response.Here are the answers for your questions,

1. Make sure that the name of the cost element group is correct...

Yes it is correct and i tried testing this scenario by creating a new cost element group with just 2 cost elements. Still i am getting the same error.

2. When you enter CJ40, is the controlling area set to be the same as the controlling area of the cost element group? And, is the project in the same controlling area?

Yes Murali the controlling area for both the cost element group and the project is same and i ahve verifired this. I have even checked the validity of the cost elements.

I will send u all the requried screenshots provided you give me your address coz ur business card does not have your address. Thanks neway Murali. Waiting for a response from ur side.

Regards,

Gokul