SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cohort Usage for Mass Registration to Program of Study

former_member182585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SLCM Gurus,

After configuring cohorts successfully for module booking. I , now want to use this functionality for Program of study registrations/booking.

I want to limit total SC bookings based on Student category i.e. General Category, Reserved category NRI Category and Management category. In other words i want to use it for Quota system. On running a report i should be able to figure out which student belongs to which category.

SAP delivers standard cohort context as 0001(Module booking) which can be used for mass module booking. How can i perform mass registration for Program of study? Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Warm Regards

Vinod Kumar

7 REPLIES 7

former_member182585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Any suggestions?

Regards

Vinod Kumar

0 Kudos

Vinod,

You probably have to build your own mass-registration report for that, utilizing the function modules available for both registrations and cohorts.

Michael

0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

pl let us know which functional modules will serve the purpose for mass registration to program of study

based on the student group. It would be a great help.

Infact, all the indian universities has reservation quota where they will limit the registration of the students belonging to a group for a program of study once it exceeds the quota

The following gives u an idea on how the admissions are reserved for a student group( category )...

Category Quota

SC 15%

ST 6%

BC A 7%

BC B 10%

BC C 1%

BC D 7%

NCC 1%

Games & Sports 0.5%

Physically Handicapped 0.5%

Girls 33.3% of Each Category

The fee structure also depends on the category. It varies for different category students.

Regards,

Sravan

0 Kudos

Dear Sravan, Michael,

We do have the similar requirement.

Do enhancement package EHP4 gives any solution for this scenerio?

Regards,

ravi

0 Kudos

we are seeking a solution for this from the experts in the forum..

0 Kudos

Hi, I don`t think there is a standard solution to map all that logic. You can use function module "HRIQ_STUDENT_REG_CREATE_DB" for registering students, and map the logic for registration in an own developed report, as Michael said.

Good luck!!

Diego

0 Kudos

Hi ,

As far I know, there is no standard functionality for this requirement . Anyways you have to write a report for mass registration , include the logic of the student group as well which would solves your purpose .

Till today , we dont have any standard process as such for this particular module like other modules in SAP .

Lets wait from SAP to atleast have some standard reports in SAP SLCM for future releases .

Best Regards

Gajalakshmi