cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

apo learning process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi APO guru, i am sap pp and qm consultant ,but i want to learn APO f,kindly plz send me and guide me for step by step to learn apo ,

Regards

Aqueel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Look at the books mentioned in Bibliography page in SCM Wiki

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SCM/Bibliography

Supply Chain Management with APO: Structures, Modelling Approaches and Implementation of mySAP SCM 4.1 by Jörg T. Dickersbach is highly recommended

You should be able to get an Indian edition of that book (or Ver 3.0) cheaply.

Also look at the APO Module specific pages in SCM Wiki where links to Articles have been added.

These Articles have functionality wise detailed steps with screenshots.

But don't hope to learn DP, SNP, PPDS modules of APO in 21 days.

I have been playing with it for 8 years now and still learning.

You can say I am a very slow learner

somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi somnath ji

really ur suggestion is very nice,sir what should be for me.1st i will have to Command over SCM? then other like DP, SNP, PPDS ...

kindly suggest me and from where i will get material for SCM ?..i hope u will help me to learn this

regards

aqueel

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If its SCM domain/functional (not specific to SAP SCM of which APO is an application component having modules like DP, SNP, PPDS etc) then you probably need to look at this [blog|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/10760] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];.

Pick up book Introduction to Material Management by Tony J Arnold - again Indian edition available.

Hope this helps. And standard disclaimer - do not expect to learn SCM in 21 days.

somnath

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aqueel, it will be a very steep and difficult learning curve if you attempt to learn 'APO' entirely from screen shots and wikis. I'm not sure that you will be that successful.

APO or more precisely SCM has a number of modules of which APO is one and within APO itself there are a number of distinct functions, such as Demand Planning, Supply Network Planning and Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling, and a number of others. Each is many weeks of work to develop understanding and maybe months for deep expertise.

A good place to start is with an SAP course. SCM200 - Advanced Planning Overview (SCM). I would then pick a module which fits well with your current expertise in production planning, maybe PP/DS and start developing expertise.

Better still if you can get on an implementation project.

Good luck!

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris Axton

thanx for ur suggestion, really ur suggestion is very good,but i m from india,here one person do all parts of one module,,so if i m learning APO, i have to learn all like Demand Planning, Supply Network Planning and Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling

for the learning this ,i have to do hard work.

if u plz u will help me i can do ,

thanx

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

aqueel,

after you understand the concepts follow the best practises, this will help you get there.

http://help.sap.com/bp_scmv250/index.htm

Check Business Information Preconfigured scenarios

Check Technical Information Building block library

I agree this takes several months of effort to understand the concepts and hands on experience.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found this WIKI more useful as it has screenshots attached as you requested.

Please let me know if you need more information

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi aqueel,

I have only this link which contains the entire details. I do not have any separate link on the same.

Please award suitable points if this link is useful for you.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aqueel,

To startwith your learning process, please use the below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/7e/63fc37004d0a1ee10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

Please confirm.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Senthil Mareeswaran.

thanx for giving me link..but i want to step by step with screan shot

if u have plz give me

regards

aqueel