About assigning LS

Former Member
0 Kudos

R3 system :

ECCCLNT100

PI Systems:

PIICLNT001

XIICLNT001

In R3, suppose LS for PIICLNT001 ( client 001 ) is already assigned to 001 client in ECCCLIENT100

Now in SALE, if I am trying to assign a second PI system with LS name XIICLNT001 and with a client 001, it will not allow

Why?

when R3 can communicate with many PI ( for that matter many systems), why cant we assign same client numbered , different system to it?

What is the solution now?

Is it that I have to only change the client number in XIICLNT001 ( which is not possible now :(.... )

Thanks,

Venkat.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

What is ur Q.

first understand that LS is nothing but logical representation of Client.say u have client 100 at any system , so u can give a logical name to this client. for this u r creating a LS and tha assiging the LS to ur client. please make a note that u r doing all this in same system

what i understand that u r assiging PI LS PIICLNT001 to client 001 of r/3.which is not correct. u need to assigne R/3 LS ECCCLNT100 to client 001 of R/3 only not Pi LS.

if u have any doubt please get back.

regards, navneet

Former Member
0 Kudos

PIICLNT001 is my PI server on 7.0

XIICLNT001 is second XI server

they are both LS for 2 different PI servers having same client (001)

I understand that in R3, for IDOC communication we have to have a LS of the PI systems defined in R3.

Thus, I have PIICLNT001 for my first scenario

Now I have to add XIICLNT001 without deleting PIICLNT001 while assigning.

I know that we can create multiple LS, but thats not a possible solution

I have configured BD64, we20, we21, SM59, IDX1, IDX2.... before posting this post.

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

i think u r doing IDOC ale configuration.

1) at R/3 side :-u need to create LS for the R/3 client , say this is ABC.

2) now u need to assign this LS to ur client . Say ut client is 001 and u assigned the ABC LS to Client 001. now ur client 001 is known with the name ABC.

3) similarly maintain the LS and assign the client for ur PI and XI server at there end.

at PI LS name is PIICLNT001 and than assign this LS to client 001 and do same for XI server also .XIICLNT001 for client 001.

now for ALE configuration u only need to maintain the PI and XI LS at Sale TCODE. u did not need to assign it to any client of R/3.ABC is already assigned to 001 u cant change it.

u can comm to any no of PI sys with any client there is no restrictions

regards, navneet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Navneet,

When else a PI dev assign LS in R3 system ?

You have explained the normal scenario that one needs to follow while configuring ALE settings between one R3 and one PI system.

My situation is,

above said scenario is already existing between one R3 and one PI system.

Now I am trying to assign one more PI system with the client in R3, now, it generates error message.

This is because, we cannot have 2 LS assigned with the same client no 001.

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, please dont change the LS name assign to ur client at R/3 side.

use the same LS name for ur configuration. and maintain this LS name to ur other PI system.

it ll work.

regards, navneet

Former Member
0 Kudos

do you meant to say that I should create 2 Logical systems on 2 different PI systems with the same LS name and assign that name in R3?

-Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venkat,

My understanding regarding your query is that you need to send data to different PI systems from R/3

1. go to BD54 create an entry by name SAPXILS

2. Create a partner in we20 with same name

3.create RFC destination of type 3 SM59

4.Now create a port in we21 and associate the same with RFC destination craeted above

5.Repeat step 1 and step 2 for SAP***LS *** denote R/3

6.go to BD64 create distribution model with sender SAP***LS and SAPXILS

provide the message type

7. once done go to environment tab and generate partnerprofiles it will generate required messages in outbound for sending messages

8. once done go to BD10 for sending MATMAS and give material no for idoc generation.

Repeat the same steps if you want to send the data to different SAP PI

Hope this helps

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

for ur scenario plase do the following.

at R/3 side.

1. create a LS say ABC at tcode sale--basic setting-logical setting- define LS. say ur created LS name is ABC

now u need to assign this ABC to client which u r using. this can be done at sale--basic setting-logical setting--- assigne LS to client.

2. at PI system 1:-- create a LS say PI1 than assign this LS to the client which u r using at PI 1.

3. at PI system 2 :- create LS say PI2 and than assign this LS to the client of PI 2 system.

now u need to maintain PI1 and PI2 LS at R/3 side. here make sure that u cant give the same LS name for PI System 1 and PI system 2. if this name is same than while creating LS at R/3 side u ll get an error " an entry already exist with same key". this is Bez in a landscape no to system can have same name or u can say same address.

now when u creating the idoc, it will go to that PI system which was used while writing idoc generation prog.

please go through all the concept of logical system and assigning LS to a client.

hope all ur doubt is cleare now.

regards, navneet

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

again if u just want to send same idoc to 2 diff system, u can go with what rajesh suggested.

thanks regards.

navneet

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

You can only assign 1 logical system to 1 client.

Even if your back end system can be integrated to many PI integration server, the partner profile configuration will still work, as each PI integration server should have their unique logical system. Check your partner profile setting using WE20 in your back end system.

If you have not have the entry over there, try this out:

1. BD64, create distribution model from your back system to your PI logical system

2. Environment -> Generate partner profile

3. Edit -> Model view -> Distribute

Regards,

Lim...

Edited by: Ruslim Chang on Feb 19, 2009 8:09 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

only one LS can be assigned to Client

In your case need to create LS in BD54 and create partner for the same in we20 and generate Distribution model

then you can send the idoc to PI

Rajesh