cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zebra QL420 Plus printer problem when using smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I set the Zebra QL420 Plus printer to ZPL emulation mode when printing labels from SAP?

We normally print labels from our SAP system via Smartforms (using device type ZLZEB2) on Printronix T5000 printer which are running in ZPL emulation mode.

For Printronix printers, the emulation mode can be set on the front panel of the printer.

Now we got new QL 420 Plus printer for mobile use in addition to our Printronix devices, but I canu2019t get them to print the smartform labels

on the QL420 printer (same label size, same ZPL commands).

For testing, I have installed the printer this way:

- in SAP: local printer using device type ZLZEB2 so that SAP concert the smartforms output automatically to ZPL.

- connected the QL430 Plus via USB cable to my laptop

- created and printed some labels on my laptop via Label Vista: printout is OK.

When I try now to print my smartforms label from SAP, the printer only ejects one empty label, but nothing is printed.

When I understand user manual correctly, the printer runs always in CLPL mode and must be switched (somehow) to ZPL emulation mode to understand ZPL.

How do I set the emulation mode to ZPL on a QL420 Plus model?

I already studied the CLPL manual for this printer and found in section 14 a description for the device parameters u2018device.languagesu2019,

but when I try to sent this sequence to the printer ( ! U1 setvar u201Cdevice.languagesu201D u201CZPLu201D ), it only prints the sequence and thatu2019s it.

Does anybody know how to setup the printer?

Kind regards, Georg.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

naveen_kumar116
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check Whether the barcode below list is used in smartform,

Linear

Codabar

Code 128

Code 93

Code 39

EAN-13

EAN-8

Interleaved 2-of-5

MSI

Plessey

Postnet

UCC/EAN-128

UPC-A

UPC-E

EAN-18

FIM

These barcode will support and cross check whether the the barcode has been installed in ur systme.

Cheers,

Naveen