cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background job executed as SAP*, need advice to change owner.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm facing an issue where my SAP background job currently has 2 job "SAP_CCMS_CPH_REORG" and "SAP_CCMS_CPH_HRCOLL" under the ownership of sap. I would like to move them away from SAP ID.

I have tried to recreate the job using sm36 (and using my ID with sap_all profile) in testing environment, but it not seem to work.

Highly appreciates any advices and/or pointers with regards to the above mention question.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thank you for all the assistant. After reading through all the post, I check "My Own Spool" and noted that there is a list of report that I should print. The reason why the job is completed but spool is waiting is because I did not configure any direct printing in my DEV environment.

However, it is abit weird; given that the same job created by SAP* does not need to have report printed, whereas the same job (if executed by my ID) will have output-ed to spool listing.

Anyway, now that I understand the "waiting" part, I will proceed accordingly. Thank you again for all the assistant.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thank you for the reply but I have forgotten to add a few updates.

The issue is that I can change owner from SAP* to my ID with sap_all profile.

But, after execution,

Job with sap* owner ended successfully, with spool status marked as completed.

whereas

Job with my ID as owner ended successfully, but spool status marked as "waiting"

error mesage:

Description Value

Last event:

Date: 19.02.2009

Time: 11:57:28

Job status: On hold

Error class: Delayed

Area: Data transfer

Printout: Not printed

Apologies for the inconveniences caused.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

What type of priniting you are using to print?

If it is LOCAL (Front end) printing then you cannot use this type to print a spool created from a background job.

You have to set it to any other appropriate options.

Regards,

Yoganand.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

May be you don't have output immediate option checked in your user profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can change the owner using "Change owner" push button (icon) from sm36 screen. to see this you must have authorization to change the owner of the background job.

Regards,

Srihari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you got any error message?

BTW

Rather than recreating, why don't you copy both jobs using SM37 by logging in your user?