cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capturing SM58 error as alert

Former Member
0 Kudos

If there was a communication failure with SAP from XI when sending an IDOC (receiver IDOC communication channel), the message shows successful in MONI. The error is only displayed in SM58 transaction (example: password logon no longer possible - for example where the userid/password is locked due to wrongly typing elsewhere). Unless somebody manually checks SM58 often, we cannot know there was an error.

Question: Is it possible to generate alerts if there is an error in SM58? If so how do we set it up? I would appreciate a detailed solution.

Thank You.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In order to capture alert you have to activate CCMS.

It is not easy to quickly explain how to configure CCMS, which is actually the SAP alerting framework, available in all SAP system.

Let me just say that with a configuration it allows you to raise alerts when the file system space is lower then a specific value or when there are tRFC in error or a message is stuck in a queue.

You can start having a look at this blog: [XI CCMS Alert Monitoring : Overview and Features|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2777] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Kind Regards,

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create a small background job to run a custom program, which will read the status of the tRFC and then throw the alert.

In your custom program:

1. you have to read the status of the tRFC call from table ARFCSSTATE and read the field ARFCSTATE.

2. If the status is ARFCSTATE='SYSFAIL' for example, trigger the alert using FM SALRT_CREATE_API

Regards,

Lim...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, do you know which alert is triggered by a status = 'SYSFAIL' for an error in SM58? There are 3 standard alert categories that I see: CCMS TEMPLATE, CCMS-ALERT and CCMS-CRITICAL-ALERT. I a trying to get one of these to trigger but apparently SM58 does not seem to trigger to any of these or maybe I am missing something.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey,

The program RSARFCEX restarts unsuccessful tRFC ( Sm58 ) calls hence scheduled it as a job.

Cheers

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, thanks for the response. the problem is, in my example where the error is 'password logon no longer possible', the restart of these will fail again. I am more interested in someone getting notified or alerted by email if there happens to be an error in SM58. Any ideas?