cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe form- Displaying table data!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am new to adobe and have been grappling my way through the development work.

I need assistance on one issue I am currently facing. For printing invoices, while we use a table to hold all the item lines and print them one by one by printing the table, what if we need to print some other info about an item line in between? Is there a way to do this?

Any help will be suitably rewarded!

Regards,

Veena

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veena,

You can follow either of the 2 approaches :

1. Add one more column in the table itself for inserting Additional Information . Then bind the elements in the form layout table directly

2. Instead of tables, make use of Subforms ( Type: Flowed, select-Repeat Subform for each data element) .

Arrange the fields and add the text field for additional comments. Wrap all this in your flowed subform and try.

Regards

Aditi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditi,

Thanks so much for the reply, but I am not able to actually get it. The table IT_BSEG is passed from the program into the interface. Now, in the form I need to display the item lines from this table but in between the itemlines, need to print some additional information for each item line. How should I be using the subform and this table to acheive this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veena,

When you are getting IT_BSEG from program to the interface, You can do as mentioned below.

1. In the interface, define one more table same as the structure of IT_BSEG and add one more field with the type as the text you want to add.

In Global definitions - > Types

- Define the table as types.

In Global definitions - > Global Data

- Add table of type TYPES table.

2. Populate that table in your interface from IT_BSEG and also the the text field.

In Global definitions - > Code Initialization

3. In the form, create a subform in the master page. And assign this table to that. And you can place the fields whatever way you want. And on the master page Object properties -> Subform - > keep content as 'Flowed'.

It should work if we do that way. Let me know in case you face any problem.

Regards

Sitharamaraju

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not the original poster, but I hope neither of you mind if I ask a follow-up question. We have a main internal table with regular item data, which is in the Design View in the Layout. And we have a subordinate table with additional lines of information for each item, and this subordinate table is in the Master Pages. With the two tables being in completely different views, how is it possible to control the placement of the secondary lines in the output in relation to the main data? Sometimes the secondary fields print in between the columns of item data, and sometimes right over them. I don't see any way to establish a spatial relationship between the two.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Watson,

Using two tables at different tables won't dispaly it properly,instead try using another table for information inside ur main invoice table,nested tables would solve your problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

How do we display one table inside another table? Also is there a way to display something for example some hardcoded text in between the lines of a table which is not a part of the table?

Regards,

Nisha

Edited by: Nisha Shukla on Mar 2, 2009 9:08 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a way to display table inside table by using Netsed tables.follow the below structure.

Main Subform----

>Accessebility-Table,content-Flowed,FlowDirection-WesternText

Table Subform -

>Accessebility-BodyRow,content-Flowed,FlowDirection-WesternText

( check repeat subform for each data item)

TextField 1(Bind main table column1)

TextField2 (Bind main table column2)

Textfield3 (Bind main table column2)

Subform -

> Accessebility-BodyRow,content-Flowed,FlowDirection-WesternText

( check repeat subform for each data item)

Textfield1(Bind Internal table column1)

Textfield2(Bind Internal table column2)

In this structure you can create nested table.you have to create steps from bottom to top.starting from internal table text fields.there is a step by step example available online,if you google nested table in adobeforms you get an artcle from SAPtechnicaldotkom.you can use your table as main table and static text as internal table and make it flow for each row of main table.

I guess this would solve your problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Siva