cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Links in a Tree to call SAP Transactions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can anybody give a Code where I can call SAP Transactions from a webdynpro tree.

I thought I create SAP Transactional IViews in PCD and Navigate on Click.But this did not work.

This is the code I did.

//on click of Element call sap transaction

public void onActionSelect(com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDCustomEvent wdEvent, com.sap.tut.wd.tree.wdp.IPrivateTreeView.IFolderContentElement selectedElement )

{

//@@begin onActionSelect(ServerEvent)

wdContext.currentContextElement().setTextOfSelectedNode(selectedElement.getText());

if(selectedElement.getText().equalsIgnoreCase("ZX1.")){

WDPortalNavigation.navigateAbsolute("ROLES://portal_content/Buy/Artist", WDPortalNavigationMode.SHOW_EXTERNAL,(String)null , (String)null, WDPortalNavigationHistoryMode.NO_DUPLICATIONS, (String)null,(String)null, (String)null);

}

Can any body give me an exit.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Raja Akella

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess u can use Detailed navigation in Portal to achieve this functionality. U can create SAP Transactional iViews.

Regards,

Piyush.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Scenario is I need to create a tree stucture of SAP r/3 Reports,BW Reports ,Transactions where if I click on element it should be called.

I wrote a webdynpro for which I gave the above code for navigating but its not working.Can you tell me a work around?

Regards,

Raja Akella

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

If you are working on WD ABAP then you have to use a OBN(Object Based Navigation) call to achieve this. As far as my understanding is concerned you can not call R/3 transaction directly.

I am explaining the steps below, but not providing u with code as its not possible:

1) You will need to do some portal configuration where you create a link b/n ur webdynpro appl and the R/3 transaction..

for same u need to create 2 iviews: 1 wd iView and other R/3 iView.

2) and to pass the parameters you need to go to the event which will trigger r/3 call, in ur wd appl, and write code similar to below mentioned:

CALL METHOD lr_portal_manager->navigate_to_object

EXPORTING

system =

object_type =

• OBJECT_VALUE_NAME =

• OBJECT_VALUE =

operation =

business_parameters =

• FORWARD_OBN_METADATA =

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anoop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am developing webdynpro Application in WebDynpro based on Java and deploying them in Ep 6.0 SP11.I am not using ABAP.Please ive a Java Solution for calling SAP Transaction using Tree Node Click.

Thanks & Regards,

Raja Akella

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

As far as my understanding is concerned the steps should apply to WD JAVA as well.. though i am not sure about it. But incase its the same then you can very well follow the above steps.

Regards,

Anoop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

there exists an OBN API in WebDynpro Java as well. These are the steps that might help you:

1) Create a Business Object in the Portal Content with an operation for each target transaction

2) Create transaction iViews for any target transaction

3) Add all transaction iView and you WD Java iView to the same portal role

4) Link the business object operations with the transaction iView in the OBN configuration of each iView

5) Implement LinkToAction Controls for each target transaction in your WD Java application

6) In the onAction Methods call WDPortalNavigation.navigateToObjectWithSpecificOperation(system, bo, objValue, "ObjectValue", // objValueName, operation, parameters, false, false);

This should work.

Best regards,

Stefan