cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INSPECTION LOT-SAMPLSIZE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

In the Material Master we have maintained Inspection type-->04,inspection lot are created on confirmation,Result recording and UD are done.Sampling procedure is maintained and Sample size is 1.

My client is in Cold rolling business,they check thickness of cold roll by doing profiling test by taking 1 sample per roll,but once 15 days or once after every 300 tons approx,the thickness of cold roll have great fluctutions in thickness,now in this case they take around 8 to 10 samples for each batch,where as sampling size maintained in the sampling procedure is 1,they say its because of maintaince problem of rolling machine.

In this case how will i map this senario at present i am in implementation stage,Is it i have to map test equipment calibration or is it this scanrio is integration with Plant maintaince.

Regards

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ram

1) How about maintaining 2 differenet operations one with sample 1 and another with sample 8

2) maintain larger scope / scope not defined in the control indicator of the MIC. You can record values more than one

you can enter the no of samples to be inspection at the RR

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gajesh,

Thanks for your valuable in-puts.

Regards

Ram

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

You have two option in such case ,

1. Dynamic Modification Rule

2. Maintain Mantain MIC as Scope not fixed. use the same sampling procedure. In RR you can add no of reading as required

Regards,

Neeraj Bhadauria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Neeraj,

Thanks for your valuable in-puts.

Regards

Ram

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ram

What is your requirement

1) Incorporate the sampling procedure or 2) Shedule maintenence of the machine

Regards

gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gajesh,

I have maintained sampling procedure and sample size is one and usally one sample is drawn aganist batch but when suppose need arises that we have check 8 -10 samples against batch then how do i take consideration of the extra sample drawn when i have maintained sample size as one.

Regards

Ram