cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS Storage in SAP Database with Kpro.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Gurus,

we are using the ECC 6.0 client and still have not configured any content servers for storing the originals,

but i could make use of Kpro Tick in Document type and attach n no of file to DIR,

also i have tried using KPRO tick and also making the file Size as 00000,

but its working and allowing me to store originals in DMS_C1_S1 content repository.

But when i dont give Kpro tick in document type, then original is not checked in using KPRO, (but again it is also storing original in SAP Database), then it is at this point it is required to give the file size or else it is giving the error, what is the reason for this strange behavior,

as in both the case the document is getting stored in SAP database only.

as content repository DMS_C1_S1 is again using SAP Data Base itself. (Verify from OACT transaction.)

Please clarify,

Points awaiting.

regards

Priya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya

1) KPRo provides you to add more than 2 originals in a single DIR

2) Through KPRo, you can store files in SAP DB or in content server.

3) If you are not giving tick for "Use Kpro", then the original can be stored in SAP DB, Vault or Archive.

4) If not KPro , u cannot store more than 2 originals per DIR, so you can limit the size of file in dc10, you can either give a max number like 999999 in File Size, or limit to some particular number so that user wont be able to upload bigger files into SAP DB.

Hope some of your queries are cleared..

Regards

Aby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aby,

I am working on as per your point number 3 mentioned above. I have successfully tested the Vault case using tcode DC20. Can you please tell how can I test the other 2 scenarios, i. e. saving to SAP DB or Archive.

Thanks in advance.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

DMS is always Secure storage area allowing only DMS transaction to view its files, i'm i right please correct.

i think this is not totally correct with EDMS

Thanks and regards

Priya S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya

EDMS is DMS integration with MSOffice application and other applications so it is also as secure as dms.

Regards

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya

KPro can be deployed in any SAP application to maintain documents. While customizing we can decide whether to use kpro or not for checking in the originals. If originals are checked in with kpro then we can store them in sap database as well as content servers. The main advantage of kpro is we can attach any no. of originals in the same dir, content versions etc if we use kpro. Also kpro allows you to integrate SAP content severs and to store documents in cache servers.

Regards

Prasad

Edited by: Prasad Kamarajugadda on Feb 19, 2009 5:56 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends thanks for your reply,

as i have detailed in my quiry,

i could see if we use Kpro we can attach more than 2 originals in a DIR, and also get the advantages of Kpro,

and if i dont give Kpro tick only 2 originals can be attached in the original.

but in both the cases the original is being stored in the SAP Database only.(in my case as content server is not yet installed)

i want to know as the original files if stored in SAP DMS either with Kpro or with out Kpro, can this original files stored be copied in to external storage device say CDs and opened with out SAP logon. (like opening the files in normal windows system)

thanks and regards,

Priya

Edited by: Priya S on Feb 19, 2009 11:46 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can always save the file locally from document record even they are saved in any storages and view them in normally in MS Office.

Anirudh,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya

You wont be able to access the files saved in the dir without sap login.

I think the sap database saves the files in a compressed format. To uncompress them its not possible without sap.

Regards

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

Is it not possible to access or view the files stored in the DMS irrespective of the storage type used, like VAULT, Content Server, or Common server if used as Storage area.

So the original files are getting stored inside Tables in DMS.?

as the client will be pleased if he can access the original files stored in DMS out side the SAP area,

can you tell me if it could be done and how?

Thanks and regards

Priya