Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users were re-created in Child systems not in Cnetral System (CUA)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The set of users were deleted some time back and today i verified in child system (PROD) with criteria as list of users without roles/profiles then I found a set of users in child systems.

Were as those user master records are not showing in Central System (CUA).

I verified the change document, It is showing the deleted date and later some time again it was created with no roles and profiles. On the same date all the others users are also get created.

Then I have checked the change document of a user and verified is there any IDOC was generated in central system on that time and date but I didnu2019t find anything...

I was expecting that the old IDOC's which are in status "distribution unconfirmed" with of the user and later there would be happen many changes for that user and which are get reflected in child system but the IDOC which was in unconfirmed status. When any one try's to execute the process through BDM2 or BD87 for that IDOC then again there would be chance of re-build the user account..... But one thing i was confused is if the old IDOC get re-generate then it has to be shown in the CUA system also?.

It was strange issue, so please let me know what the reason behind it.....

Please help me out...

SV

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I understand you correctly what you are saying is because of unconfirmed idocs, the users who were deleted from the child and central system got recreated.

I assume BD87 was executed in the child system and the idocs where manually processed which created these ids back again ....not sure if that is what happened. never seen something like that.

Another possiblity which I have seen was the child system being removed from CUA and then user ids created in the child system. That way they are not in central system, but in these cases you need to maintain these ids again in central system.

Whatever be the reason....the important thing is that if these ids have to be deleted from central and child system...you should take steps to delete them again.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I understand you correctly what you are saying is because of unconfirmed idocs, the users who were deleted from the child and central system got recreated.

I assume BD87 was executed in the child system and the idocs where manually processed which created these ids back again ....not sure if that is what happened. never seen something like that.

Another possiblity which I have seen was the child system being removed from CUA and then user ids created in the child system. That way they are not in central system, but in these cases you need to maintain these ids again in central system.

Whatever be the reason....the important thing is that if these ids have to be deleted from central and child system...you should take steps to delete them again.

0 Kudos

>

> I assume BD87 was executed in the child system and the idocs where manually processed which created these ids back again ....not sure if that is what happened. never seen something like that.

Hi Nishant,

what you are writing is the most common situation of how these users got 'recreated'.

If you have a look at the method for user change idocs, you will notice, that it is the same method for creation and changing (CLONE).

So if you have an unprocessed change idoc in the child system and you delete the user (succesfully) and reprocess this idoc in the child system locally, the user will get 'recreated'.

b.rgds,

Bernhard

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Bernhard for insight and confirming this. To be very honest when I was working on CUA ( unfortunately not now ) I never had a issue with a user getting recreated in child system after I deleted it from the central system...normally they all get deleted from child systems as well...I guess I was little more lucky .....so anyway that is why I was not very sure.

0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

if the admin always checks and cleans up SCUL, such issues will never occur. Only if some 'old' idocs reamin for processing in the child system, such inconsistencies may occur. My expirience shows, that many admins do not care about SCUL too much.... then they may have problems somewhen....

b.rgds,

Bernhard

0 Kudos

Really i have to thank you... provided me the route case of it....

Thanks