cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow for shopping cart ordering not triggered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

we are running SRM 7.0 and we are facing a big issue in handling the shopping carts when created by interfaces.

basically, when we create a shopping cart via interfaces and not manually on the SRM, the shopping cart remains in status "Open" and it is not ordered. We can also see in the shopping cart (in the tab Approval Process Overview we can see that the Approval Status is Open - No Decision Made).

Can anybody give a hint on how having the worlflow to "order" the shopping cart executed also whenever a shopping cart is created by the interface and not manually?

Thanks a lot in advance (lot of points promised...)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it new implementation or upgrade system?

Do you use old Application-Controlled Workflow or new Process-Controlled Workflow ? What is the receiving interface name in SRM side?

Does it work if you create a SC in standard WebDynpro UI?

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa, thanks a lot for answring!

- It is a new implementation

- We are using the new Processed-Controlled workflow

- it works if I manually create a SC from the standard webdynpro UI and I click the Order button.

- How can I check the receiving interface?

thanks!

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

>basically, when we create a shopping cart via interfaces and not manually on the SRM,

What is external application/program creating SC in SRM?

If it is custom program, please ask your colleague who has developed.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

thanks for answering.

The problem is that the shopping cart is created but not ordered.

We are calling BBP_PD_SC_CREATE and then BBP_PD_SC_SAVE...the point is that when we called BBP_PD_SC_SAVE we do not know what passing to IV_WORKITEM_ID...can you help us out?

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The parameter is optional. One reason I find for the error is that SC is created in background using the interface, then in that case it doesn't finds the appropriate WF since the user may be a background user and for sure not integrated in the Org unit.

Regards, IA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahmed, thanks a lot for the reply! I think this information can drive us towards the solution.. just one question: how did you fix this?

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I didn't faced this problem, it was my suggestion for a positive solution, in fact I'm not using SRM7.0.

BTW, for a possible solution you will need to find a way where you can pass the actual creator thru' the interface to the SRM or try to pass on the creator's name on the SC description or some other field which can be scrambled to get the creator's name using the BRF concept.

Regards, IA

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

The event for Process-Controlled Workflow is ABAP Class /SAPSRM/CL_WF_PDO Event READY_FOR_WORKFLOW. I think this event is not created from application side.

Can you test your scenario with Application-Controlled Workflow ?

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa, thanks a lot for replying.

unofrtunately, once the system has been set with the processed-controlled workflow, it cannot be changed into the application-controlled workflow..do you have any other suggestion?

thanks a lot