cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subject Line in E-mail Template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

I have a need to make subject of the e-mail descriptive for the recipient when I am sending and interactive form (in my case insert RFQ and Requisition Numbers). I have all required information in the body of the e-mail already, but not sure if it possible to pull some data from the form's input parameters into the subject of the e-mail when I setup my e-mail template.

Please advise,

Thanks,

Felix Rubinshtein

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should ask this in the CAF forum :

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the code to be used (in JavaScript) when sending an e-Mail. Instead of putting text here, you can of course retrieve the values from data fields or textfields or w/ever ...

If it gets too confusing, make a variable using 'var tmp = "" + etc.' and collect everything you want in there before putting it in the submitForm.

event.target.submitForm({cURL:"mailto:em ail@i sp.co m?subject=Whatever subject you want&body=Whatever body text you want, or a variable for example",cSubmitAs:"PDF",cCharset:"utf-8"});

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply, but I am not exactly sure what you mean when you say "Java Script" .

We have a Guided Procedure Setup and the e-mail is being sent from "Callable Object for execution" and subject and body of the e-mail are being picked up from the e-mail template. Here is the HTML code that I used in the body of the e-mail and I am wondering if something similar can be used in the subject:

<html>

<head>

<title>Request for Quotation - TMMC</title>

</head>

<body>

<p> Please find attached RFQ

`{

writeln(ctxt.SubformRFQ.QuoteNo);

}

` for Purchase Requisition

`{

writeln(ctxt.SubformRFQ.Requisition);