SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

product hierarcy in SAP Retail?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have heard that there is a possibility to have more then one product hierarcy in SAP Retail.

The std hierarcy (created in OVSV) is used for financial follow up but we need the possibility to have another hierercy for presenting the products to the customers in a structured way. I have herad that there are such possibilities in SAP Retail, but I cant find them.

Pls tell me if it is possible and also how I go about.

Thanks,

Emma

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emma,

In SAP IS Retail, if you wish to use hierarchy for presenting the products to the customers in a structured way. Then you can use either Article Hierarchy or Merchandise Category Hierarchy.

The Article Hierarchy in SAP ERP enables customers to structure goods based on customer-individual criteria. It is used in Planning, Operations and Reporting on different levels of aggregation.

Path:

Logistics --> Retailing --> Master Data > Article Hierarchy Data> Create (WMATGRP01)

Whereas merchandise categories mostly observe physical attributes of the goods the article hierarchy groups articles from a sales perspective.

Path:

Logistics --> Retailing --> Master Data --> Material Group Data --> Merchandise Category (WG21)

Logistics --> Retailing --> Master Data --> Material Group Data --> Merchandise Category Hierarchy Level (CLWM)

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Anirban Roy

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emma,

In SAP IS Retail, if you wish to use hierarchy for presenting the products to the customers in a structured way. Then you can use either Article Hierarchy or Merchandise Category Hierarchy.

The Article Hierarchy in SAP ERP enables customers to structure goods based on customer-individual criteria. It is used in Planning, Operations and Reporting on different levels of aggregation.

Path:

Logistics --> Retailing --> Master Data > Article Hierarchy Data> Create (WMATGRP01)

Whereas merchandise categories mostly observe physical attributes of the goods the article hierarchy groups articles from a sales perspective.

Path:

Logistics --> Retailing --> Master Data --> Material Group Data --> Merchandise Category (WG21)

Logistics --> Retailing --> Master Data --> Material Group Data --> Merchandise Category Hierarchy Level (CLWM)

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Anirban Roy

0 Kudos

Thanks,

I have yet some other questions:

- Article hierarchy is not the same as product hierarchy - Ture?

- Can one article belong to more then one "lowest level" of the hierarcy? For example I have som add-on articles which are shared between different hierarchies.

- Is it possible to through the hierarchy connect some articles to eact other, i.e. defining to this main article the following add-on articles can be ordered? or would you use connection via subarticles?

- Also we need rules saying that if you have selcted this add-on article you cannot select this one - how would you handle that?

Thanks!

Emma

0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, Article hierarchy and product hierarchy are different.

I have not worked on product hierarchies, so will not be able to answer your specific queries.

Regards,

Anirban Roy

0 Kudos

Hi,

To append add on articles to different articles use the basic screen (MM42)>click on additional data> select TAB additionals.

Jonk

0 Kudos

Hi Emma,

You found out when we use hierarchy article or product hierarchy?

I have to change the entire hierarchical structure of articles in production.

Could tell me possible impacts of this change?

Which way to go to make this change?

Regards,

Silene