cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Hierarcy in SAP Retail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have heard that there is a possibility to have more then one product hierarcy in SAP Retail.

The std hierarcy (created in OVSV) is used for financial follow up but we need the possibility to have another hierercy for presenting the products to the customers in a structured way. I have herad that there are such possibilities in SAP Retail, but I cant find them.

Pls tell me if it is possible and also how I go about.

Thanks,

Emma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

Product hierarchy in R3 is termed as Merchandise category hierarchy in SAP IS retail

But in R3 Product hierarchy is not used much but Merchandise category hierarchy that is termed as MCH is a basic thing reqd for defining master data that is article master data which is nothing but material master in R3

As i said Product hierarchy levels are available in R3 also but not much used

Merchandise category hierarchy levels is most commonly used in SAP IS retail

What we call material group in R3 is same as Merchandise category in SAP IS retail and material in R3 is article in Retail

Merchandise category hierarchy levels

Say a Retail mall has merchandise items

Under merchandise there are 2 divisions Food and non food

Under nonfood say there are 2 divisions say hardware and apparel

Under apparel there 2 divisions say Mens wear and ladies wear

Under mens wear you have t shirts,shirts and pants etc

Here t shirts,shirts and pants etc are individual articles

Menswear and ladies wear are material groups

Hardware and apparel are merchandise hierarchy level 1

Food and non food merchandise hierarchy level 2

Retail mall is merchandise hierarchy level 3

like that hierarchy levels are commonly defined and used as a must to have efficient master data in SAP retail and the maximum no of hierarchy to have ideally is 6 apart from Merchandise category

In our example we have defined three levels

The same functionality can be used as product hierarchy in R3 also but doesnt been put in to use much

In Retail the no of articles a store is going to manage to be will be huge hence this sort of seggregation is needed there must

For more clarity try to post this in retail forum(Trading industries)

Regards

Raja