cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Russian Characters not in UTF-8 format - File Receiver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My scenario is Idoc to File. My SAP sender system is a Unicode system and my RFC connection to XI is also set to a unicode connection. My idoc is sent to XI ok and whenever I look at the payload in sxmb_moni, I see the Russian characters ok, but the problem is when the file gets created. When the file gets created, the Russian characters are in unicode html encoding representation and not in UTF-8 encoding format. For example, the Russian chars look like (but without the spaces inbetween): & # x 4 1 2 ; & # x 4 2 b ; & # x 4 2 5 ; & # x 4 1 e ; & # x 4 1 4 ; & # x 4 1 d ; & # x 4 1 e ;

My file type in my file receiver comm channel is binary and I am also using the AF_Modules/XMLAnonymizerBean with anonymizer.encoding of utf-8.

Can someone please help me determine the problem?

Thank you,

Rhonda

Edited by: Rhonda Wilcox on Feb 18, 2009 3:14 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you all for your responses. This has now been solved.

The problem was that I was using and XSLT Mapping. By removing this mapping, the Russian characters are now in UTF-8 format like they should be. The XSLT mapping was changing the Russian characters to be in unicode html format. The XSLT mapping was replaced by a different mapping program.

Thanks again,

Rhonda

Edited by: Rhonda Wilcox on Feb 20, 2009 12:44 AM

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is strange as usually XSLT does not escape, but deescapes the ducument instead.

Have you put the parameter

xsl:output method="xml"

to the XSLT?

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A simple copy XSLT would help, as XSLT deescapes automatically:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">
  <xsl:output method="xml" omit-xml-declaration="yes"/> 

<!--  copy payload --> 
  <xsl:template match="*">
  <xsl:copy-of select="." /> 
  </xsl:template>
  </xsl:stylesheet>

But try to solve the issue in the IDoc sender first.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suppose the Russian characters charset is ISO-8859-1.

If so, Try using AF_Modules/TextCodepageConversionBean to convert the charset from ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8

localejbs/AF_Modules/MessageTransformationBean Transform.ContentType text/plain;charset=ISO-8859-1

AF_Modules/TextCodepageConversionBean Conversion.charset UTF-8

Regards,

Swetha.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think the issue happens, when the IDoc is send to PI system. In SXMB_MONI the XML is displayed with russian characters, even when they are html encoded.

Check the IDoc connection.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try giving file encoding type as ISO-8859-1 in processing parameters of your receiver file adpter.

Regards,

Reyaz