cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the connectors are not able to connect to SAP backend systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

After defining connector details in GRCAC 5.3 RAR. I checked the connector really works As a simple test search for Backend users in

http://<server>:<port>/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/grc~ccappcomp/CCDebugger

when i search for users/roles in backend,i got following errors.

ErrorInterface Controller does not exist for Component Instance VirsaXSR3_01 in Component Usage VirsaXSR3_01

can you please suggest me in this .

Thanks,

Joseph

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Joseph,

You are not using right method to test your JCO.

First Test & Ping your JCO, check if test is sucessful.

Then in CCdebugger check values in table VIRSA_CC_SYSTEMC, if same JCO connector name appear against the System for which you had created.

Then find one user or role which have conflict.

CC (RAR) had a typical functionality that you can do SOD analysis of one user or role without doing SYNC or BATCH jobs.

Hope this help.

Regards,

Surpreet

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I totally agree with Surpreet. SAPJCO should only be used when you have already used the 21 Adaptive RFC (JCo).

Regards,

Alpesh

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Alternatively, try defining the connector as type SAPJCO, i.e. the same way you do in CUP.

That usually works. I know that the official recommendation is to use AdaptiveRFC, but I've had much better experience with SAPJCO in the last >10 projects.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Frank,

SAP GRC recommend JCO connectors over API's, I mean SAP GRC recommend use of AdaptiveRFC in Connection type, rather than SAPJCO.

Reason being performance is better in Adaptive RFC.

SAPJCO was created to remove the limitation of number of R/3 you can connect to RAR.

Regards,

Surpreet Bal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joseph,

Please follow whatever Sahad has mentioned. Make sure your SLD is up and running and SLD bridge is also running.

You are using the right JCO (XSR3) so don't change. SAP doesn't recommend using VIRSAHR or VIRSAR3 JCO unless you are maintaining CC 4.0 (ABAP version of RAR) in your target back-end system.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alpesh,

I'm getting this same error:

ErrorInterface Controller does not exist for Component Instance VirsaXSR3_01 in Component Usage VirsaXSR3_01

And I have gone back and validated that the JCOs are pinging successfully and the test succeeds. However this error still persists. What do you think is the reason for this?

Thanks,

Santosh

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I'm standing my ground on this.

Try creating the connector as SAPJCO and let me know if the problem goes away.

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph

Did you tested the JCOs VirsaXSR3_01 ? You can click test and ping on your jco. first confirm both test and ping are successful.

Why you are using jcos VirsaXSR3_01 ?

You can use VIRSAHR01 if your backend system is ERP( SAP HR )

also let me know have you installed RTAs on your ERP system?

> Regarding IGS

Have you set the IGS URL in the visual administrator as per the installation guide? Before that please let me know on which instance GRC AC is running