cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I need help on a client's requirement. The requirement of the client is to have the possibility to execute a recalculation of the total quantity in a BOM based on changing the quantity for the single items contained in that BOM. What I mean is this. the BOM1 is structured as follow:

Item 1: 10 Kg +

Item 2: 10 Kg

Item per box: 5 Kg

Boxes: 2 Units.

So the total quantity is 2 Units.

Then, per standard, if I change the BOM total quanitity into 3 Units automaticaly the system updates the first two items in 15 Kg. What I'm not able to do is the opposite process. That means that if I go and change for example the Items 1 and 2 in 15 Kg the total quantity is updated to 3 boxes.

Could you please give me a suggestion? Or maybe do you know how I could achieve it?

Full of points if it helps!

Thanks a lot,

Regards,

A.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You issue order for the header material and that's why header maderial quantity (order quantity) determines the component quantity.

The rate (between header material and its components) is defined by/in the BOM, so theoretically, using this rate it would be possible to increase the order quantity (as well as the qty of other components) by increasing the component quantity in the order.

But a rule should exist, it has to be decided which quantity controls the order: the order quantity or the component quantity. Logically, the order quantity controls how many components is necessary based on the BOM (there might e other logic, I know).

If you increase the component quantity in the order SAP interprets that you want to consume more from that component, more than the normal quantity that is calculated by the rate defined in BOM. If you reduce it, SAP interprets you want to consume less than normal.

So, I don't think you could achieve in SAP that the order quantity would change by the change of component quantity.

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Feb 19, 2009 9:05 PM

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Feb 19, 2009 9:44 PM

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Andrea,

As per the standard functionality.

If you change the quantity of the Header meterial proportanately(which is maintain in CS01) sub item quantity will get change.

But if you change the sub item quantity system will not update the header material quantity.

Because you can maintained only how many sub items required to make Mainitem but not how many mainitems required to make sub items.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Andrea, but what are you speaking about exactly? About what kind of process? About which transaction?

Then, per standard, if I change the BOM total quanitity into 3 Units automaticaly the system updates the first two items in 15 Kg.

In CS02 even if you reduce or increase the base quantity, the component quantity remains the same.

Are you speaking about subcontracting PO or SO with SO BOM? Or production order?

E.g. in PrdOrd if I change the order qty (increase/decrease) the component qty changes as per the rate defined in teh BOM.

Please give some more information...

Thanks,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes you're right: I missed that kind of information. What I'm speaking about is the Process Order. In that kind of process I need to recalculate the total quantity as defined in the client's requirement.

Please let me know if you nedd more information.

Thanks a lot,.

regards,

A.