cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer master - Unique field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there a field in the customer master, that is unique ---wherein can be used for numerical / alphanumeric number. It should check and throw error if the same number is repeated again to control duplication of customer accounts.

LM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

in customer master

TAX number is unique

KNA1-STCD1

Former Member
0 Kudos

i tried the tax number it is not unique

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Customer master has a field ILN (International Location Number). It is a 13 digit figure which is very unique and check if this is useful. I'm not sure about the exact name of that field, but that field is existing in CMR.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Reply from Yadav is correct.....The only Unique field in Customer Master is the Customer Numer only....can be mainatined in Numaric or alphanumaric.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To make it more clear customers are already created with internal code numbers but i need another field with same characteristics. Some countries have a unique number given to their citizens which we want to use in customer master so that accounts are not duplicated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Firstly why do you want unique key other then KUNNR?

Secondly, there is no standard field in Customer master which is unique other then KUNNR.

If still you want to maintain some other field then you can maintian a 'Z' table with KUNNR and PIN number as two fields for each customer with PIN field as Primary key.

Or

Use XD01->Company code data>account management->referance data>Prev. acct.no.

field to enter your unique id. and Before saving the record to tables with the help of EXITs you can check the uniqueness of that field value.

Hope it will solve your problem.

try and revert.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Customer number i.e. KUNNR is unique field in the customer master, can be used for numerical / alphanumeric number. It checks and throws error if the same number is repeated again.

check and revert.