Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndicating problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDNers,

I am facing a problem.

If Field3 is having same number Records has to merge.

Before this process Already I am having records like this in MDM.

Filed 1 Field 2 Field 3

Record1 1 1 1

Record2 1 2 1

Record3 1 3 1

Record4 1 4 1

In this 4 records I cam see only 1 record in MDM. If I see Edit Key mappings it is showing all 4 records. Default is Record4 out of 4 Records.

After this they are sending input file having 2 records out of 4.

Ex:- I am having 2 Records with 3 Fields.

Filed 1 Field 2 Field 3

Record1 1 3 1

Record2 1 4 1

These are the 2 Records.

After importing and Syndicating in out file I am getting out as

Filed 1 Field 2 Field 3

Record1 1 3 1

Record2 1 4 1

Record3 1 1 1.

If Is earch I can see only one record in MDM. But If I right click on that record and click on Edit Key Mappings it showing Four Records. in that one record is Default. This means The Default Records only Has to get Syndicated right.

I am expecting only I record in output. the record is Default record.

Any soultion or suggestions regarding this problem.

Thanks

Ravi

Edited by: Ravi Kumar on Feb 18, 2009 1:47 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Please check the map properties in the syndicatior. You might have been selected more Remote systems.

once you selected Key Mappings there you saw 4 records, for all the 4 records check for the remote system which it belongs to.

Depending upon the Remote system you selected in the Map properties, the records will be syndicated to respective remotes systems.

Hope this may help you,

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDNers,

This is the Problem.

If I search a record I can see only I record in Data Manager. If I right click on that record and select EDIT KEY MAPPINGS then I can see 4 Keys with 1 Key Default.

But When I am Syndicating Only the default Key records as to Syndicate in Output. But in my Scenario all 4 Key Reocrds are Syndicating.

Any solution or suggestions?

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Check you mappings in the syndicator.

If you have mapped to remote system and the Value in it from the source side to the destination fields then the MDM syndicator exports the records with the Global information but along with their local ids as well .

This means that in the output you will see 4 records instead of 1 with the global information for all the four and the local id specific for each

something like this:

Local id Global Id Field1 Field2 Field3

1 1 Globalxyz Globalxyz Globalxyz

2 1 Globalxyz Globalxyz Globalxyz

3 1 Globalxyz Globalxyz Globalxyz

4 1 Globalxyz Globalxyz Globalxyz

So if you wish to see jsut the merged single records in the output of MDM then you just need to map the fields as stored in the rep and no need to map the remore sytem and Value field from source.As these fields will give you the individual records as stored in edit key mapping .

To knwo more on matching and merging see the following links:

/people/michael.reil/blog/2006/05/18/mdm-matching-strategies-for-master-data-consolidation

You can additionally go through the below link on key mapping:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30843106-5539-2b10-75a9-da483911...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/7051c376-f939-2b10-7da1-c4f8f9ee... (Key mapping)

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Check your map properties->output remote systems tab.

You might have selected more than one remote system.

Also check for the supress records without key.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Minaz,

If I search a record I can see only I record in Data Manager. If I right click on that record and select EDIT KEY MAPPINS then I can see 4 Keys with 1 Key Default.

But When I am Syndicating Only the default Key records as to Syndicate in Output. But in my Scenario all 4 Key Reocrds are Syndicating.

Any soultion or suggestions regarding this problem.

Thanks

Ravi