cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Java Server process from Instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a NW04S dev Portal running on WIndows 2003 64 bit, a while ago I added an extra Java server to the instance, making 2 servers (0&1) as quite abit of development was happening and was causing the only java server (0) we had to restart, so I added another server(1) so when the first restarts, the second is available.

When I added the second server, it used about 2GB of space on the C drive for C:\usr\sap\<SID>\JC10\j2ee\cluster\server1

The portal Instance is on the same server as our SCM Dev instance and we are running low on free disk space on C where the \usr\sap instances are, as development has slowed on the portal, I have decided to remove the Java server1 process I added, I have done this through the config tool and restarted the portal, now there is just server0 running under the instance and all looks ok, but at the OS level directory C:\usr\sap\<SID>\JC10\j2ee\cluster\server1 is still using 1.2GB of disk space.

Now the server1 has been removed and java restarted, is it safe to delete the directory C:\usr\sap\<SID>\JC10\j2ee\cluster\server1 ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yep, I backed up the directory and deleted it, all looks ok.

Thnaks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the replys.

I have just removed a server under the java instance, not the full instance itself, so I do not think you can use SAPINST to remove just a java server ? the server has been removed, I just want to remove the server1 directory to release the 1.2GB of space.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have clean removed server1 and no services are running for that...

You could just take backup of directory server01(may be to another drive) and remove it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refer to SAP note 871523 - Removing dialog instance from database after uninstallation.

This could help you.

Regards,

Prem

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It should be save... but I will try to use SAPINST to remove the java application server in a clean way...

Regards

Juan