cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.7 and 6.0 in one server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Can you please tell me in one server we can install both 4.7 and ECC 6.0 with out any partition, is there any effect if we do so and what will be the impact...........

waiting for your valuable inputs...............

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In theory is possible... what DB are you planning to use?

What do you mean about partitions?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Thanks for your response, Actually Our PM was asking me whether we can install both versions for Eg.,4.7 and ECC6.0 in one server......my question is whether is it possible or not for such scenario in one server? please tell me your valuable suggestions.......

thank you waiting for your reply.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its is possible... but you need to consider that if both systems need to share the same database both will support it. Also you need to consider that having 2 systems in one box means that maintenance that require DB or OS restart will effect both environments... and there is lots of more thing to take into account but be good if you can tell use what kind of systems do you have in mind, OS, DB, etc...

So if you want a strait answer I will say... Yes, is possible in theory.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using SR3 then i dont think it ispossible, Because from SR3 sap supports only on unicode system. Where as 4.7 is on non-unicode. As you are uisng the same database it will not be possible.

Juan: Correct me if am wrong.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Thank you somuch for your valuable answer, i assigned points for that, we have in mind OS is windows, DB is MS_SQL. Can you please let me know what will be the major impacts if we do so........

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@vamshi, I think you're right.

@sandeep, beside whats mentioned before and as far as the box has enough resources, you'll have no mayor problems.

I would not recommend this for a production environment

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

>If you are using SR3 then i dont think it ispossible, Because from SR3 sap supports only on unicode system. Where as 4.7 is on non-unicode. As you are uisng the same database it will not be possible.

>

>Juan: Correct me if am wrong.

I will provide the correction. Unicode and non-Unicode systems can share the same DB. Otherwise, for example, it would not be possible to install a Java add-in (Java is always Unicode) to a non-Unicode ABAP system. There are certain Notes you must follow for each DB.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Matt.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moved to NW Admin for a start...

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suspect you'll need another forum for this question. Here in security we deal with already running instances