Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability check for delivery

former_member244427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am facing a tipical problem,

Have 2 sales orders 1st with Qty 1200 pcs delivery date (today) 18/2/09 (schedule line confirmed) 2nd with Quantity 2200 pcs delivery date 20/2/2009 (schedule line confirmed) stock available is 1800pcs, expected receipt from a production order on 19th is 2000pcs.

When am creating a delivery for first order its says 0 pcs available to confirm, but when am creating del for the 2nd its creating for 600 pcs . So we are not able to deliver the 1200 order inspite of sufficient stocks, Is this ok? How to handel this scenario?

other info which may be required: Availabilty check for delivery is active. cannot deactivate this check for obvious reasons.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try checking couple of things first...

Is incoming PO part of scope of check for availability when delivery is created .

Also do you have rescheduling jobs running in your system...coz they should change the confirmed qty at order level if there are any change in stock levels.

Also if i understand correctly...you are saying that the 2 order are confirmed totally for 1200 and 2200 cases in Order...but when the delivery is being dropped...it only allows 2nd order ( with 2200 confirmed Qty in Order) to be dropped for 600 CS...

Let know

Regards

A

Edited by: A on Feb 18, 2009 7:56 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member244427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

problem solved, had to fine tune the ATP checking control for delivery.

Thanks

Abhishek

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek

As you have 2 sales orders , 1st sales order with 1200pcs with delivery date 18/02/09 and 2nd sales order with 2200pcs with delivery date 20/02/09. So you can do delivery for the 2nd sales order partially for 600pcs.

So the 1st sales order status will be open and the 2nd sales order status will be partially delivered to the customer. Now you need to check partial delivery allowed in the sales order and then do delivery .

If availability check is on at sales order level then you can do backorder processing V_V2 and a confirm the sales order once the stock arrives into the storage location . and the delivery date will be confirmed to the customer . then you can do the delivery to the customer

Regards

Srinath

former_member244427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks sri nath,

This doesnot work, i guess the reason is when i am doing delevery it is reserving the stocks for the other open orders irrespective of the delevery date of the order. Also i need to deliver the 2nd order on 20th and not today for which i have a production order isnt it, this dosent seems to be logical to do it this way. Also this is test case so we are deling with just 2 orders, but in reality there will be a lot of orders and it will be a chaose to check and make a partily delivery for all the future orders... at the end i may end up eating all the stocks for the future orders and still this order will not be delivered.

Logically I should be able to deliver the 1200 today if i have 1800 in stock and no other orders/schedule lines to be delivered today.

Regards

Abhishek

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek

If stock is not confirmed for that sales order then system will give the next delivery date. And the delviery date will be coming based on the RLT time we maintain , lead time in days we maintain . and other parameters.we maintain .If that sales order is important then confirm that sales order by changing the quantity of the other sales order.Go to V_RA and change the quantity if it is important. But even in real time also if the stock is not confirmed then system will give the next delivery date and as per that date only the stock will be coming to the plant / sloc. and then we will be running those backorders to confirm it and deliver it to the customer

Regards

Srinath