Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI - End User screen -Need to see only reports.

former_member1351727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are working BI authorizations.

And created reporting user roles and AA is also used and able to restrict the required Plant etc.

Now the problem I am facing is when the end user logins in the BEx after giving the system login details etc he will get the query selection screen where they can see Find,Role,Favorite,infoarea(as we have given access to this ) .

My intension is the end user should directly be able to see the reports he is assigned for .He should not go through the info area drill down or the find option.

The problem with above methods is:

1) Find: Find if they give report name then they can find ,ghowever if the user gives * then he can see even the report views I am not knowing how to control that.

2) Going by Infoarea:If the end user goes by Info area and go on double clicking he reached a Cube under that he can find reports that he can execute.However the problem is that the user is able to execute the Cube it self (example :ZSD_XX if I click on this cube while drill down in the infoarea it executes a report ZSD_XX/!ZSD_XX this information we got it from the Rsecadmin Tcode Error logs )

There is no report with this name anyway.Still it gives me some data .So it is not supposed to happen

Hence I want to restrict the user only to see the reports to which he is authorized straight after login.

Can one help me with this.

S_RS_COMP,S_RS_COMP1 has 3,16 activity.S_RS_ICUBE has 3 Activity.

I want to remove Info area display to end user by removing S_RS_Fold once user can see the reports directly after login.

Thanks .

2 REPLIES 2

former_member1351727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Bringing it up.

Anyhelp will help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi Vani,

There is another way to run report directly. Instead of Bex analyser, add BW query URL in Menu (of that PFCG role). When user next time logs in he can see Report name in his user menu tree. If he double clicks, report will run in internet explorer directly.