Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP and RFC Adapter are not Required Sender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have one dought....

Why Plain HTTP and RFC Adapter are not Required Sender Communication Channel and Sender Agreements...

I Know this two Adapter are in ABAP Stack....

Please clarify my dought...

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reddy,

RFC Adapter is not on the ABAP Stack and you will need to configure a SENDER RFC Adapter. Its the IDOC and the HTTP adapters that will not require a Sender config.

As you right said, as they exist on the ABAP stack and so does the INTEGRATION SERVER RUN TIME, the applications can directly talk to the integration engine.

Regards,

Ravi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

As everyone has answered, still for more info you can look into this help-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/44/79973cc73af456e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/44/79973cc73af456e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Hope this will give you clear idea,

Regards,

Moorthy

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy..

HTTP is on ABAP stack.

RFC is on J2EE stack.Typically it opens a JCO when you are connecting to SAP Systems within the adapter.

HTTP does not require a comm channel..as already there is a HTTP listener on the WAS stack which will be fetching the HTTP request and de-code the URL and appropriately convert the request into SOAP header format and calls the integration pipeline.

Idoc adapter(report program) is available in ABAP stack .Whenever Idoc is posted it gets triggered and does the neccessary conversion to XML formats and routes it to appropirate interface through control parameters and ID configurations.

Hope this suffices.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Idoc Adapters do NOT require Sender Communication Channel.

The Sender System identifies itself at the Integration Server, with the fields SNDPOR and Client of the Control Record.

Sender Communication channels are used for communication betweeen the Application System and the Integration Server.

In the case of Idocs, all idocs are tranferred to the Integration Server pipeline and NOT to the regular EDI/IDOC interface.

The RECEVIER DETERMINATION is based on the values in the Control Record.

If you are doing ALE, then you have to maintain the idoc types which are NOT to be transferred to the Integration server by executing report IDX_SELECT_IDOCTYP_WITHOUT_IS.

By maintaining the Idoc Types using this report, only these idoc types are sent to the regular EDI/IDOC interface.

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Adapters are used to enable communication between the XI integration engine and an application system. IDoc adapter and the plain HTTP adapter do not reside on the adapter engine. They reside on the Integration Server and hence can communicate directly with the IS without the need for an idoc/http adapter.

The sender agreement defines how the message of a sender is to be transformed so that it can be processed by the Integration Engine, and since this is not required in the case of idoc/http sender adapter, you wouldnt need a sender agreement!

Hope this clarifies.

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have one dought....

Why Plain HTTP and IDoc Adapter are not Required Sender Communication Channel and Sender Agreements...

I Know this two Adapter are in ABAP Stack....

Please clarify my dought...

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi S,

As others have pointed out the IDOC and HTTP adapter are located on the ABAP Stack which is also the location for the Integration Server.

Once you execute your scenario, normally the IE has to go pick up the adapter specific information from the AE (for other adapters). But since these two adapter are located directly on the ABAP stack - they can talk directly with the IE.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let me try to explain it in a different way

Y do we need a sender agreement ? -> To bind the communication channel with the sender system and the interface.

But in case of say an IDOC being sent from R3, the IDOC itself has the communication path defined in it. The control records (sender and receiver ports etc) have the details for processing the communication between the sender system and XI so we dont go in to configure it again

This is my understanding in simple terms !!

Can anybody confirm on this !!!

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shabz,

That is a logical answer while the others were theorotical ones. Good one

Regards,

Bhavesh

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had always found it tough to give a convincing answer to people who have asked me that question and finally thats the answer i invented in a layman's term