cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

convert SQL server database into SAP readable (encrypted) XML for SAP tool?

former_member31620
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could anyone kindly let me know what is the procedure to convert SQL server database into SAP readable (encrypted) XML for SAP Authoring tool???

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member31620
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Closed

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Convert a database to an XML file? Never heard of anything like that.

What "authoring tool" are you referring to?

Markkus

former_member31620
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus

Thanks a lot for your response. We are planning to implement LSO 6.00 and would like to convert our Assessment QADB (SQL Server Database) to SAP CMS. Would request you to let me know the feasible solution for the same.

Thank you in advance

former_member31620
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any inputs on this issue please?? what is the best solution to convert our SQL server Q&A Database into SAP's Authoring Tool for Learning Solution 6.00 implementation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey !

I am still not clear on the objective. If you could give more clarity about the Objective of conversion they I think I could provide some inputs.

I want to know, What are you trying to convert ? What is the business need for the conversion ? what will be the usage of the converted xml ?

Regards,

Ravi Sekhar

former_member31620
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi

Thanks a lot for your response.

We are implementing LSO 6.00 and our requirement is to transfer the question bank to LSO from SQL Server Database. Is there any way of transferring these questions ??

Also, can we have random generation of questions ?? for eg: if we have some 500 questions in the bank, 50 questions to be selected on random basis for each learner ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

So If I understood it correctly there an existing propriertory question bank with SQL server. You are looking at an option to migrate all the tests and questions from the existing system to the LSO system. Right ?

I am still not clear on the xml conversion. Have you guys found a solution which could be achieved through a xml file ?

am not aware of a way through which you could import only a xml file and create tests/questions. If you have a sample xml file then forward me so that I could do some testing on my end.As per my knowledge you could do one of the following. I

1. Create the tests and questions manually in Authoring Environment. It will be a time consuming task. Based on the number of questions you have you might have to assemble a team of content developers to acheive this.

2. Alternatively, you could create a Adobe Flash based assessment. The Flash component would be the front-end and will read from a xml file to display the questions and to drive the funcationality. This would be a easier and less time consuming than creating the assessments manually in authoring environment. However, you might miss out some of the functionality available in the Test Author of Authoring Environment unless you have all the functionality replicated inside Flash. This would require one time effort in creating the Flash template and the xml file structure. Once that is created you could create multiple assessments by just replacing the xml file. If you select this approach then you would have to ensure the data from SQL is converted in the desired xml format required by your Flash component.

Please let me know if you require any further guidance or clarification regarding this.

Regards,

Ravi Sekhar