cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Netweaver Instances on one Host.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am planing to install the two Netweaver instances on one host. I have already installed NW04S ABAP+JAVA with BI JAVA usage type. Now I have to install AS JAVA with EP JAVA usage type. It is for training purposes.

Now, my question is, it possible to install 2 JAVA instances on one host ?

I have installed successfully 2 R/3 instances on one windows host. but I am not sure about the above scene.

My Server configuration is

RAM 16 GB

HDD 500 GB

OS : - Windows 2003 Standard Server Edition 64bit version.

DB: - ORACLE 10g

Please guide me how to proceed.

Thanks & Regards,

Shambo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Though you can install multiple instances on one host remember it may hamper your training schedule if you need to carry out tasks (like OS upgrade etc) which involves system shutdown.

Hope this helps.

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can install any no of instances of JAVA/ABAP stacks in one host depending on the Hardware. Its always better to go for seperate database instances.

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quik reply.

For BI & EP system what is the Standard Architechture?? Is it necessary that the BI ABAP System is also have BI JAVA installed on the same or we have to install the BI & EP JAVA as seperate instance??

Thanks & Regards,

Shambo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to install BI Dual stack then you need to select the EP & EP core also. Bussiness packages has to be installed in EP so that you can use Portal for acessing reports.

And also you can install ABAP stack only after installation you need to import the BI Content for BI usage type.

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I got confused....

See now I have installed ABAP+JAVA with BI JAVA & EP,EPC. Now I want to install ONLY EP & EPC seperately.

How can I integrate this EP with ABAP+JAVA BI System???

Thanks,

Shambo

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the integration document & i also know how to integrate.

I am only confused in ABAP+JAVA & BI JAVA .

Please help me to get the clear idea about this.

Thanks,

Shambo