cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with text formatting within a table in Adobe Forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a table on a non-interactive Adobe form (which is a copy of the standard expense form PTRV_EXPENSE_FORM. The table in ABAP has a text field with CHAR50. On the form, the text field has a width which allows approximately 35 characters. Therefore the text wraps onto a second line. My problem is that the text is not formatted and words are just split randomly.

For example:

The fox ran across the fields and into the woods.

would be output as:

The fox ran across the fields and i

nto the woods.

How can the text be formatted to only output complete words?

I have tried defining the textfield as text only and rich text, but nothing changes the output.

Interestingly, even if I change the font size from say 10 to 8, the text is output the same, even though there is enough space for at least one more word on the first line.

Has anyone else come across this problem?

Thanks,

Patricia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member705122
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patricia,

Check the text field object attribute allow multiple lines is enable (checked).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed

Thanks for your suggestion. The attribute "allow multiple lines" for the textfield is checked but unfortunately doesn't make any difference to the output.

Regards

Patricia

former_member705122
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you tell the table and field name ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed

The table is IT_RECEIPTS_ADD_INFO, field VALUE_CHAR. In the form it is called Receipts_addl_info.

I have just found out that the data is being re-formatted in the interface. That caused the problem. Many, many thanks for your help.

Best regards

Patricia

Answers (0)