cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS Progress analysis - Estimates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am trying to use the estimate method for progress analysis.

I have done all the necessary config like:

- defining progress version

- define statistcialkey figure for PoC

- assign measurement method as default(in this case 0000004)

Then i have gone ahead and assigned the progress version and default method in WBS/activites.

therafter i went into stimates tab at activity level and maintained the planned poc against the periods.

i confirmed the actvivity so that i can input actual poc also.

now i ran CNE1 and CNE5 to see the output.

however, i am not getting the PoC values that i have maintained.

any inputs on where i am going wrong. It would be of great help.

Thanks in advance..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have not run CNE1 for the project progress determination first run CNE1. Than run report CNE5 it should give you report values if your customization is correct.

Regards,

ANSAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ansar,

I am doing a quantity based PoC calculations(outside SAP) and hence no costs/budgets are invloved.

That why I thought that estimate method is suitable as i will update both planned and actual poc manually.

I do have to carry out dummy confirmations on activity so that the actual poc field opens up and i can populate it manually.

And yes, i did run CNE1 and then CNE5.

Please do suggest if you have any other thoughts.

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

The POC describes the ratio of the services rendered up to a particular date to the total work to be done in an activity or project.

The system distinguishes between three different uses:

Non-aggregated values - The values are displayed per object.

Aggregated values - The system shows the values aggregated according to the project hierarchy.

For results analysis - The system determines the aggregated POC for the billing element. In carrying out the aggregation, it takes account of the project elements subordinate to the billing element in the billing structure.

The system uses a base, such as overall costs, and the POC to calculate actual and planned figures for the earned value (EV).

BCWS = Planned POC * overall costs

BCWP = Actual POC * overall costs

If you use planned costs as the base and determine the POC at activity level, the networks in question must be activity-assigned.

In the case of the planned costs, the planned costs accumulated by period are taken into account. However, the costs planned in hierarchy planning for the WBS element are not.

If you use the budget as the base, you can only evaluate the earned value in WBS elements.

You have agreed a budget with an ordering party. The earned value is to be determined with reference to this budget. Choose the agreed budget as the base.

Regards,

ANSAR