cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment problem for MDM related projects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a web dynpro project and a EAR project. These both projects make access to MDM servers. I have a code to connect to this MDM servers in both DC projects. But when a deploy the web dynpro project from NWDS, i get the error. An extract of error from log file:

-

Result

=> deployed with warning : file:/C:/DOCUME1/kukn/LOCALS1/Temp/1/temp5930140028875642697chevrondcwd_eph_config.ear

Finished with warnings: development component 'dc/wd_eph_config'/'/...:

Caught exception during application startup from SAP J2EE Engine's deploy service:

java.rmi.RemoteException: Error occurred while starting application ../dc/wd_eph_config and wait. Reason: Clusterwide exception: server ID 6540250:com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.DeploymentException: Clusterwide exception: Failed to prepare application "../dcwd_eph_config'' for startup. Reason=Clusterwide exception: Failed to start dependent library ''com.sap.mdm.tech.mdm4j'' of application ''../dcwd_eph_config''. Status of dependent component: STATUS_MISSING. Hint: Is the component deployed correctly on the engine?

at com.sap.engine.services.webdynpro.WebDynproContainer.prepareStart(WebDynproContainer.java:1421)

at .........

-

This happens when i deploy this project on local WAS. I have NW04 SP17. However this same project is working fine on dev/staging/prod servers before i started modiying.

so my question is:

1. If i checkin the code, will it work perfectly in development server? There are no build errors. So should the deployment happen on development server ?

2. If i want to test it locally, do i need something more on my local WAS ?

any thoughts?

thanks in advance,

kunal kotak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

Just confirm whether your local WAS all the three SCA files deployed and that of compatible version with MDM Server. Also after deployment, java instance should be restarted once.

Three SCA files are:

1. MDMJAVAAPI

2. BPMDMAPPL

3. BPMDMTECH

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

Can you tell where do i check for this SCA files ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

If you want to deploy these files then these files are the part of MDM installable. MDMJAVAAPI.SCA file will be available in the folder MDM Java API and the other two files are available in the Portal content folder.

If you want to check whether the files have already been deployed then it is slightly difficult as these SCA files have sub components and you need to search them. Instead what you can do is, at the time of deployment it will display a message if the files are already deployed. Also when you select the files and go on to the next step, it will display the components of all the SCA files which can make a note of. If the files have been already deployed then undeploy the components and deploy the new once of same version and restart the instance.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply...

presently my question #1 is resolved and since i am short of time, i didnot go for #2.

thanks,

kunal kotak

Answers (0)