Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP-File : move file from a folder to another

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Here is the deal :

I have a FTP folder (OS windows) where my files are stored. As I want XI to pick them one by one, I need a way to move them one by one in another folder of the FTP before message processing, folder that will be polled by XI

How can I do that ?

more concretly :

I have 5 files in a folder called Standard, files are named : TEST1_hhmmss.xml, TEST2_hhmmss.xml, etc.

I have another folder, lets say Standard_child that XI scans every 5 minutes. As I want my 5 files to get picked one by one every 5 minutes, I need a way on the FTP before message processing that moves TEST1_hhmmss.xml in folder Standard_child then XI picks up this file, and so on until all files are consumed.

Thanks a lots for any help, ive been struggling for days... so far I tried with a script that renames file before, but did not work on FTP...

Kind regards,

Jamal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

File adapter will anyhow pick the file one by one.

I need a way on the FTP before message processing

OS Script is the best possible way. Have to tried writing it?

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for answer, to be more precise, i want XI to process the files not at the same time, but every 5 minutes. As they are on the same folder, it will take all of them, thats why i need to move them one by one.

The script is actually where I need some help, im a total rookie at this...

I tried something, but as i dont know the exact name of the files, dont really know where to start to move just one file...

Kind regards,

Jamal

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

can't you try poll interval as 5 minutes?

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This site may be helpful

http://www.computing.net/answers/programming/batch-to-move-file-by-sysdate/14939.html

you can check the net for more answers

1) make a logic & ensure that ur script works fine in your sender system (where all files will be placed)

2) you can try it urself if you have access to the systems command prompt

3) use scheduler, of your sender system (you said it is windows) you can check help to see how you can schedule programs - there call your script.

4) now your script will send the files to child folder one by one as per your logic, which can be picked by XI

Regards

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just another approach. If you use BPM with a Wait Step (5 min), so in this case BPM will send the files from FTP after every 5 mins in the source dir and then your receiver CC (set the polling intervell less then 5 mins lets say 3 mins) will pick the file after 5 mins (even though it is polling after every 3 mins) because file will be there in source dir only when BPM will send it after 5 mins.

FTP ---> BPM (Wait 5 mins) -

> Source Dir ---> Receiver CC (poll intervell 3 mins) ---> Target dir.

Regards,

Sarvesh