Did you mean: 

Charm configuration in solman 4.0 SP14

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have to do Charm (Change Request Management) configuration in my landscape of

SED-- SEQ,STQ-- STP.

Solman - STM

Can anyone of you please provide me step by step detail for this.

Thanks in advance

Jain Pankaj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am doing Charm configuration

i am using Dolores Correa's Blog

/people/dolores.correa/blog/2008/07/26/first-steps-to-work-with-change-request-management-scenario

Landscape i am using for Charm config.

SED:030 -

> SEQ/275 -

STP/275 ,Domain Controller is STP ( DOMAIN_SED)

Solman --- STM:100 , Solman is in the same domain,Domain Controller is STP ( DOMAIN_SED)

My doubts :

Spro- Solution manager- Configuration u2013 Senario Specific Settings Change Management-Transport Management System-> Generate RFC connection to 000

Question 1- This RFC has to be genrated from solman STM:100 to Domain Controler (STP/000) ?

or STM:100 to all systems ( SED:000 , SEQ:000 ) in my landscape ?

Spro- Solution manager- Configuration u2013 Senario Specific Settings Change Management-Transport Management System-> Add Import Authorization to Operator/Administrator

i. Make sure that the operator and administrator users in client 000 of the target systems have the same name as their user in the Solution Manager system.

ii. Assign import authorization to the operator and administrator users in client 000 of the target systems (SAP_CHANGEMAN_OPERATOR and SAP_CHANGEMAN_ADMIN roles).

Question 2. what is operator or administrator user

is that my user ex. PJAIN ( the one who is configuring Charm ) or any other user ?

Spro- Solution manager- Configuration u2013 Senario Specific Settings Change Management-Transport Management System->Set Project Assignment of Requests as Mandatory

TMWFLOW/CMSCONF --->Check the entries in the Proj. Assignment column

System of Proj Project Assigmnet

SED :030 optional

if i change this to "mandatory"

Question 3 will this avoid users creating transport orders directly in dev system ( SED:030) ??

as users are workin in dev system , and if i change this to madatory user wont b able to create change request in dev system ( SED:030 ) till the time configuration of Charm gets over by me ,

and if i stuck in some error during charm configuration , no user wil be able to create change request in SED:030 ??

Please advice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once you done with Service desk major thing need to do for CHARM stranded config. is like as below:--

Domain link with current TMS config.

Create Maintenance Project.

for all these you can follow SPRO configuration steps.

Regards

Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can follow the configuration steps in SPRO -- > configuration --> Scenario specific settings --> Change Request Management

1. Standard configuration

2. Extended configuration

Feel free to revert back

Regards

Naveen

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer to this blog

/people/dolores.correa/blog/2008/07/26/first-steps-to-work-with-change-request-management-scenario

and this thread

Example scenrio

https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700005479212006E.sim

Regards

Prakhar