cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Solution Manager configuration between systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I created a configuration project for service desk on spro_admin on development environment. Then configured all the basic steps for service desk. Now how can move things to quality system and then to Prodution? Is it enough to create a project transport or do I need anything else? Because when I created a project transport (from spro_admin) it only added a few things to it, not all objects I've customized. My concern is that BC sets for example won't be imported in the other systems or so.

Any guides on this?

Regards,

Ricardo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>

Is it enough to create a project transport or do I need anything else?

Create a Project Transport? what do you want to do? If there is anything in a Transport request it can be obviously imported into your QAS and to PRD, you need to decide if you have completed the config.

>

Because when I created a project transport (from spro_admin) it only added a few things to it, not all objects I've customized.

> Ricardo

What did you actually do? were the changes not imported completely?

Feel free to revert back.

-=-Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I've created a project with scope on solution manager and then followed the IMG configuration for both sol man and service desk. Then customized some things like ticket states I want to use (New, In Process...), configuration of automatic actions (send auto email on status change), create of organizational structure (service desk - support level teams, users and BPs), system landscape definition and iBase configuration, RFC connection and users definition. I've made all this, and when I look at the project transport almost nothing from this appears.

So, when I decide to move things to quality, will all these changes be reflected there? Or from your experience, how do you manage these situation?

Regards,

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ricardo,

Do you have 3 solution manager systems(DEV-Solman, QAS-Solman, PRD-Solman) in place?

Now, you want to transport the changes from DEV-Solman to QAS and PRD-Solman.

Is that you need?

If this is the case;

1. You have to create a IMG Project(not a SOLAR_ADMIN_PROJECT) for Service Desk Configuration using SPRO_ADMIN.

2. Select that IMG Project in SPRO_ADMIN, then configure everything related to sevice desk using that Project IMG( not in SPRO using SAP Reference IMG).

Now all the cionfiguration changes will be included into that IMG Project transport request. That you can transport QAS/PRD solman systems.

Regards,

Sanjai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanjai,

Indeed that is my case. And yes, I'm using a SPRO_ADMIN kind of project. So I guess when I'll move things to quality and production everything will turn out ok.

Thanks for clarifying me!

Regards,

Ricardo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone?

Thanks.

Ricardo