cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Proxy as Sender in PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I would like to build a Java Proxy as a sender in PI 7.1. To be more precise, I would like to implement an asynchronous distribution scenario from MDM to PI. I understand the process of deploying and calling a receiver Java Proxy, but currently I don't know how to do the sender proxy. I can import the PI WSDLs, but I only get methods with return parameter void, taking the PI message type as input.

public  void modifyRecordOutA(mdm.masterdatareplication.ModifyRecordRequest modifyRecordRequest) { }

So far so good, but somehow I have to send the data to PI, right? Could anybody tell me how to do this? Is there any documentation available that does not refer to older versions of the NWDS?

Thanks in advance,

Jörg

P.D.: Hints referring to attach pictures to the request would also be welcome, if there is something special to be considered.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can have 2 types of Java proxies viz. client(putting data into xi pipeline) & server (xi pipeline sends request to these proxies.)

From system point of view, the requirements vary in case of these two. for server proxies you can have a webas java business system and associated technical system in sld.in case of client proxies, refer SAP note #809420.

But for a Java proxy, I would need a separate Java server(?) to run the application on, is this correct?

You do not need a separate Java server. The basic difference between ABAP proxies and Java proxies is ABAP proxies reside on the perticular application system(CRM or R/3) but java proxies reside on SAP Web AS J2EE stack of your XI server.

Just search SDN pointers on Java proxy developement and you will get good pointers. There is one How-to guide on service marketplace by the name "HowToWorkWithJavaProxies.pdf".

Regarding your dev environment, you can always make use of NWDS, you need to be very much familier with EJB concepts and deployment. Check help.sap.com for more details.

few links for java proxies

/people/rashmi.ramalingam2/blog/2005/06/25/an-illustration-of-java-server-proxy

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/27/asynchronous-inbound-java-proxy

Check these links also,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a068cf2f-0401-0010-2aa9-f5a...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f272165e-0401-0010-b4a1-e7e...

Rgds

joel

Edited by: joel trinidade on Feb 18, 2009 3:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, but I am able to use the search function in SDN and help.sap.com. I know some of your links and all information there is from 2005 or 2006, so not up to date. It was also confusing for me, because you think it solves your problem, but then it turns out that it's documentation for an older version of the NWDS. I also know how to deploy and test Java Proxies, I just need a very special answer on asynchronous sender proxies and how to send the request to PI. Is it just a normal HTTP request calling the usual URL with communication channel, sender party and so on? Then what client implementation do I need to use? There is a SOAPConnection object, but it needs endpoints to establish, which is something not provided by PI message system, I guess.

So this is my line of investigation, more or less.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just as an update to the question:

I could solve the problem designing a client application as described here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/de/45/100c6be9f87201e10000000a155369/frameset.htm

This works fine. However, for my special problem with MDM we're still struggling with the MDM listener and how to make it run in the Java Proxy environment.

The attachment could not be attached as recommended, we include it Base64 encoded in a tag in the payload. Other approaches like MTOM or SOAP message are not really working.