Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Am using CE 7.1 to develop a composite applicaiton

In the process, there is an automated activity which calls a BAPI service via the Activity service interface using a service interface.

The BAPI is BAPI_INQUIRY_CREATEFROMDATA2

Now the wsdl has input and output parameters.

The output parameter of the activity is default named like

BAPI_INQUIRY_CREATEFROMDATA2.Response

This "." in the above name is giving me an error during output mapping (context) of the automated activity.

And if i change the name of the output (return) paramter of the BAPI, the automated activity gives me an exception during run time.

The exception is:

""""Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Parameter with name 'BAPI_INQUIRY_CREATEFROMDATA2Response' does not exist.

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.dynamic.impl.ParametersConfigurationImpl.determineParameterObject(ParametersConfigurationImpl.java:107)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.dynamic.impl.ParametersConfigurationImpl.getOutputParameterValue(ParametersConfigurationImpl.java:113)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.wsdas.impl.OperationConfigImpl.getOutputParamValue(OperationConfigImpl.java:31)

at com.sap.glx.adapter.app.ucon.UnifiedWebServiceCallObject.invokeWebServiceOperation(UnifiedWebServiceCallObject.java:226)

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Please help on how this bug can be solved.

Thnks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnks a ton Fazal

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

The output parameter of the activity is default named like

This "." in the above name is giving me an error during output mapping (context) of the automated activity.

why u need to change the Attribute name ? and what is the error u are getting?

Automated service is done using Logical destinations or service group ?

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did not want to change the attibute name.

I tried to change it because during mapping i was getting the error

"Parse error at Line 1, Column 29. Encountered "." after "BAPI_INUQUIRY_CREATEFROMDATA2"

I am using Logical Destinations to call BAPI Web Service

Thnks

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

tried to change it because during mapping i was getting the error

"Parse error at Line 1, Column 29. Encountered "." after "BAPI_INUQUIRY_CREATEFROMDATA2"

i have not came accross such error messages . when u map the Service Data Object tp the Process COntext Data object , u are getting this error message , right ?

just try this , Map the Nodes first , then map each Attribute from Service Context to Process Context.

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fazal,

Thnks a lot for your reply.

Ya i have tried wat you have adviced.

But once i map the nodes it thows up an error in the mapping point and then parameter to parameter mapping itself is not being accepted.

What can be done now?

Any inputs?

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

But once i map the nodes it thows up an error in the mapping point and then parameter to parameter mapping itself is not being accepted.

What is error message it is showing ? and please explain ur query in details (if possible with Process Context Nodes and Service Context Nodes with types).

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Error is:

"""Parse error at Line 1, Column 29. Encountered "." after "BAPI_INUQUIRY_CREATEFROMDATA2""

MY Service Nodes:

---> RETURN

---> item

(text) MESSAGE

(There are other attributes under item but i want only MESSAGE)

My Context Node:

CrdtChk

---> RETURN

---> item

(text) MESSAGE

Please note: I have matched the cardinalities

So this is the problem

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

Error is:

"""Parse error at Line 1, Column 29. Encountered "." after "BAPI_INUQUIRY_CREATEFROMDATA2""

i dont know where the actual problem comes (and I think may be in your RFC). its better u can post the same thread in BPM Forum to get valuable suggestions. (please check ur web service, whether it is executing properly or not ).

Thanks and Regards