cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to insert calculated field in SQ01

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to add a calculated field in a query but can´t find any documentation.

the specific problem is that I would like to add a basic mark up on some costs.

can anyone help

Keel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor

Unless you need some very complex calculations, this may be done in SQ01. The process is not very intuitive though.

1) In SQ01, open the query in the change mode. Go to the Field Selection screen (the 3rd one).

2) If you need to use an existing field in calculation, give that field a "short name" (if you don't see the Short Name column, go to the menu Edit -> Short Names -> Switch On).

3) Now create a new field. Go to the menu Edit -> Local Field -> Create. Give the field some name and descrption. Choose the properties that you need and enter the Calculation Formula using the short name from step 2 (e.g. COST * 1.10 to add 10% to the COST field).

You can also add conditions and use more than one existing field. I always use those local fields to display the invoice value, because NETWR is always a positive number, but it should be displayed as negative for cancellations and credits.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

Keel

The calculated field is added in infoset( t code SQ02) & not in sq01.

in sQ02 you can even right the abap code for the calcualtion. once this is done the field is available in sq01 to include in the output.

Regards

Mahesh

0 Kudos

I know this post is very old... but anyone know if it is possible to add the current date on a calculated field? Without using ABAP....

0 Kudos

I imagine yes, because when you create a local field in the propities section there's the option for date field