cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force English as only language

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a WebDynpro application integrated into the portal. The WebDynpro is calling multiple rfc functions via model in a standard way. For the JCO destination definition on the j2ee the language of the connection is set to English.

If a user, from the portal having german language as portal language, connects to the application then the WebDynpro application labels are displayed in german. This includes the labels for data types built based on the import from the rfc and the table pagination labels in a standard WebDynpro table.

How can I force the WebDynpro application to use only English. I tried the sap.locale as an application parameter but because the sap.authentication is set to true... it's never used. I used the two available types of iviews for integrating the WebDynpro application in the portal but I could not find a solution. I also set the Application Parameter field in the iview parameters to sap-locale=en and still no effect.

If the WebDynpro application is called directly via url and the sap-locale=en is added as a request parameter then it works. I could use this as a URL iView but I would prefer to do it using the normal WebDynpro integration.

Regards

Lucian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to provide entries in the prtDefault.properties file.

check this link

/message/7012249#7012249 [original link is broken]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the quick answer.

I think this solution affects all WebDynpro applications integrated into the portal. But I just want one application to be en english not all of them...

Regards,

Lucian

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lucian,

Refer to the pdf which might be helpful.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b0446f5c-fcb9-2910-e082-88becbe3...

Try to check the logged on user in coding & set the parameters (locale, theme, etc)

Kind Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you checked whether the RFC's that are used in the app have language parameters. If so, are they used?

Good luck, Roelof

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The JCO definition has the language set to english and the data returning from the RFC calls is in english. My problem seems to be related only to the WebDynpro application because the labels in the standard table, the page related labels are in german.

Thanks,

Lucian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have the .xlf file for the english language then you can try to check this using the url parameter

sap-language=EN for the webdynpro application.

For more details

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/EN/7b/fb57412df8091de10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But the problem is exactly that I could not send that parameter sap-locale when integrating in the portal. If I call the WebDynpro application via a url with the sap-locale set as parameter then it works. But we need the WebDynpro application integrated into the portal and using the same user as when accesing the url directly it doesn't anymore. My problem is how to set that the WebDynpro should use only EN no matter what the user language, browser language, portal default .... is. And of course it has to be only for this application alone not all the others from the portal.

I currently don't have any internationalization done in the WebDynpro application because I want to use the labels from the data types built when importing the RFC.

Regards,

Lucian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In that case, you can always copy the English translation to the default xlf file, and delete the German xlf.

Good luck, Roelof

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I will check this... but what do I do with the table pagination?

Isn't there a way to tell to a WebDynpro application to use only english no matter what?

Regards,

Lucian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did u try changing the language in Webdynpro Content Adminsitrator.

Go to Deployed Content>Expand the domain>Expand the DC or project and select the WD application

Try changing to English in Language Resources,I am not sure though

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will try that tonight.

Regards,

Lucian