cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inspection type 06

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to do the exact use of inspection type 06 ; because that inspection type is not stock posting relevent. then when to use it?

We can use inspection type 05 also for customer return in better manner with stock posting option please guide.

Thanks

Vinay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear vinay

As you know 06 inspection lot is non stock specific. So it doesnt not depend whether you do GR or not.this is lot is created only for information purpose as u do in 89 inspection only difference being 06 auto created

My request you to is activate 05 & 06 and check by making delivery against sales order and see the effect

regards

gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gajesh,

Thank you very much for your replies.

Thanks

Vinay

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear vinay

1) For return goods there will be a sales order. Lot will get created when you do a delivery . You may also need to assign Inspection Lot Origin to Delivery Type

2) if you activate 05 inspection and make Qm active for 651 movement type. lot will get created when 651 is done. Another movement of 457 can be avoided

regards

gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gajesh,

As per your note for return goods there will be a sales order. Lot will get created when you do a delivery . You may also need to assign Inspection Lot Origin to Delivery Type

now without clearing this lot we can not do goods receipt then what is the use of this lot because without G.R. material will not come in the plant for checking.

Thanks

Vinay

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vinay

06 inspection is used for return goods wherin you dont require stock posting to be done. You need only need to do result recording and defect recording of the defects for return goods.

in some industries return goods are not any relevance to tacking them in to stocks again. so 06 inspection is well suited.

Make use of 05 inspection type for return goods if your client requires stock posting like scrap , rework etc. and cost incurred for repair the product is needed to capture

please let me know your comments

regards

gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gajesh,

Thank you for the reply now tell me if i assign inspection type 06 in the QM view

at what satge lot will get created ?

Initially material will come in returns storage by movement type 651

after that it will transfer to quality by 457 movement.so for this stock transfer i have to assign inspection type 08 also or not required

Thanks

Vinay