cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Scnario in sales return

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

My Client is textile sector, i Have a scnario that in sales return the material should directly move from one customer to another customer

for eg:i have invoiced to customer "A" now the customer "A" want to return the materials. instead of taking the material back to stock we want to move the material to customer "B" and raise a credit note to Customer "A" and invoice to Customer "B".

How to configure this in SAP Sales return cycle.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Ramesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Though the stocks can be directly moved from customer A to customer B, you have to follow the returns process in SAP for the customer A and create the sales order for the customer B.

Thanks,

Ravi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is very common scenario, i have seen this in my two implementation and did best out of available solutions.

1. when stock transferring from one customer to another customer if it is with the knowledge of ur sales person and understanding between two customers then no need of accounting entry in business, because one customer sends and the other customer receives the goods and pays the amount, in turn that sending customer pays that amount to the business. there is no returns entry in business. mostly this happens any business. sales person deal with this outside business.

2. if business wants this info officially, then there is no other way except doing entire returns process.

take returns from returning customer, give him credit note and send that goods to the customer who receiving it and make a fresh invoice for that.

regards,

sadanandam kasarla

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ramesh

As rightly said by Mr.Ravi, though you can physically divert the returns to alternate customer, to close the loop in SAP, you have create a return order, do PGR, generate a credit note and again restart the sales process (create order, delivery and invoice) on the alternate buyer. Of course, you have to do excise adjustments in J1IH for the original sales made.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

This is a simple cycle. Just make a return and invoice without logistics.

Create a return sales document type Ex ZRET

Make the item category assignment ...which will not create a Return Delivery

Anyhow ZRET will be Order based Billing...So the credit memo can be issued.

Because of the item category setting, you aren avoiding the materials movement.

Coming onto the other side.

Create a sales document type ZOR

Make the item category without Delivery

Make the Order based Billing....So the new customer is billed.

I hope this will resolve your issue.

Regards

Krishnam Raju