cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fillup Storage Bin before move to another Storage Bin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Guru,

I would like to ask, is there any configuration for putaway strategy that I can fillup one storage bin until full (using material capacity check) with mixed material before move to another storage bin.

Thanks in Advanced for any help

Sugiharto

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter and Vineet,

Thank for the answer,

I used the "I" (Additional to Existing Stock) and mixed material (X) in my first configuration, but with this configuration, the system places goods in storage bins that already contain the same material. If the system cannot find a storage bin with the same material or the capacity of the storage bin will not allow additional quants to be stored, the system switches to the "next empty bin" strategy. That mean that if there is a new material want to be place in Warehouse, then this material will be placed in new Storage Bin, eventhough my last Storage Bin is still not full.

But yesterday I found the answer for my condition from my friend.

I used "C" for my Storage Type and check the Active Capacity Check to fulfill this condition.

Thanks a lot for your help

Sugiharto

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to Petar's comment,if you want to activate mixed storage , u can set it at storage type level "define storage type"

petar_stoyanov
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, check putaway strategy "I" - Addition to existing Stock

When addition to existing stock has been defined as a putaway strategy for a storage type, the system places goods in storage bins that already contain the same material. With this strategy, the system searches for a storage bin in which the material is already being stored. A prerequisite for addition to existing stock is that sufficient capacity still exists in the respective storage bin. If the system cannot find a storage bin with the same material or the capacity of the storage bin will not allow additional quants to be stored, the system switches to the "next empty bin" strategy, that is, it searches for the next available empty storage bin.