cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I see the changes made in the settlement rule?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I would like to see the changes that was done in the settlement rule. I have perform the following:

In the 'maintain settlement rule' screen in project builder (CJ20N) - Goto > Change Document > All Rules.

The system gives message that 'no change documents found - message no KD128'.

Q: Is there any difference between settlement rule and distribution rule?

Q: Is there anywhere else that I need to do to get the change document in settlement rule or distribution rule?

FYI - I have change the project profiles to include(tick) change document in the Basic Data and Status Management. I believe this is not relevant to change in settlement rule.

I appreciate your help. Thanks.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can check it in table COBRA.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hemant,

I have tried using COBRA to extract this information. However, I notice that COBRA only store the latest available information in the settlement rule.

Example:

If I made a settlement rule A and I saved it.

Before I run the settlement, I made changes to the settlement rule A - I change it to B and run the settlement. From my observation, COBRA only stores B. I would to have a history on the changes made to the settlement rule.

I hope that I can use the menu in the settlement rule - ie goto > change document >

Thanks.

Regards

Fauzi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad ,

The change documents for the settlements is not generally used . Once the settlement rule is used you can no longer change that . If you want to track the changes to the unused settlement rules please refer to the Note : 499701 - Change documents for settlement rules .

But opting for a change documents for the settlement rule may affect the performance of the system.

regds

Kish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kish,

I will try to implement this note and see whether it works. I believe it should work.

Thank you.

Regards

Fauzi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Abt your first question,

You need a settlement rule to carry out settlement. You define the settlement rule in the sender object. The settlement rule contains the distribution rules and the settlement parameters for a sender object.

You can maintain the settlement rule for WBS elements or networks/activities in an overview screen. You use distribution rules to stipulate which proportions of the costs are to be settled to which receiver. Costs can be distributed on the basis of:

1. Percentages

2. Equivalence numbers

3. Fixed amounts

To check changes done , you can also check t code CN60.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

Thanks for your answer between settlement rule and distribution rule.

I managed to get the changes made on the basic data of a project from T-Code CN60 but not the changes made in the settlement rule. Meaning, if you make the changes to the settlement rule - deleting or changing - It does not show in the CN60.

I would expect that system would give the change document from the distribution screen itself as there is menu there under - goto > change documents > choose either distribution rule or current view or all rules.

Regards

Fauzi