Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java script error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a webdynpro applciation say, A;

Inside this WD applcation i am calling a second one on some action using the below code;

try

{

WDDeployableObjectPart currentAppPart = wdThis.wdGetAPI().getComponent().getApplication().getDeployableObjectPart();

String appURL = WDURLGenerator.getApplicationURL (currentAppPart);

wdThis.wdGet<>InterfaceViewController().wdFirePlugRestartAppl(appURL);

}

catch (final WDURLException ex)

{

wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportException(new WDNonFatalException(ex), false);

}

}

catch (final WDURLException ex)

{wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportException(new WDNonFatalException(ex), false);}

I have attached the WD Application A to a workset X on portal and a WD Application B to a workset Y.

Now In my first application of Worset A whenever i generate the action and navigate to the second application, after that i cannot click on Workset Y to launch its iviews. It gives me a javascipt error as soon a i click on the workset Y saying;

Can't Execute code from a freed script

http://<>:<>irj/servlet/prt/portal/prteventname/navigate/prtroot/pcd.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think in Portal Scenario, you are supposed to use Portal Navigation

Please go through the tutorial.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webdynpro/tutorial on integrating web dynpro in portal - 19.htm

Thanks and Regards,

Rohit Jaiswal

Former Member
0 Kudos

But i want that the second application be loaded on the same page as the first one as if the second is replaceing the first iview.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aditya,

I'm not a portal expert, but doesn't portal navigation cover this case as well (replaciing iView content)???

VS

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in general navigating to a WD app using a WD app URL is strictly not recommended when running in the portal.

To replace an iView you have to navigate to a page containg the needed iViews.

With NetWeaver 04s we provide an API to display or hide any iView running on the page.

Best regards

Jochen