cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does ws adapter only work with asynchronous web service?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

can you please confirm whether or not ws adapter (PI 7.1) only works with asynchronous web service?

I have created an async. outbound service interface in PI 7.1, generated the client proxy in ECC, created an web service based on the proxy, wrote a test program to call the web service (PI scenario uses ws adapter in the sender CC). Everything works fine.

Then I did the same thing with sync. outbound service interface. I got exception while calling the web service in ECC.

I've heard that ws adapter is designed for async. communication. Does it mean that it won't work with sync. web service?

I haven't seen any official SAP document saying taht ws adapter only works for async. web service. If you have any, can you please share it?

Thanks

Jayson

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jayson,

Adding to Expert Vishnu

Async & Sync call are possible thru WS Adapter

Cheers

Agasthuri Doss

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are talking about some standard document, then here is the example of sync usage of WS adapter.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c00ca32e-f991-2b10-f5be-97114bd2...

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Synchornous Possible - Yes

you have nt mentioned the errors to give an idea, however did you look these notes on WS (FAQ & other issues)

Regards

Vishnu

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you changed the scenario to sync, did you even change you receiver side service to sync as well? Thats needed. Otherwise, PI will not be able to get any response for you in ECC.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Additional hints:

Yes, WS-RM can be used for Async as well Sync, and it is also useful for point to point.

And as mentioned by Vijay, make sure that both end is synchronous, otherwise you will have to use BPM to bridge sync and async scenario.

Regards,

Lim...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your information.

The error I got when calling the proxy with logical port (web service) is:

SOAP:1,007 SRT: Unsupported xstream found: ("HTTP Code 404 : Not Found")

I will debug it to see what exactly happens. And will keep you guys updated.

Just debugged, the error is because the http header's content type is text/html while it should be test/xml. However this type is set by the ws runtime, not by the application. Anybody has an idea about this?

Jayson

Edited by: Jayson on Feb 18, 2009 10:04 AM

Edited by: Jayson on Feb 18, 2009 12:11 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayson,

I am looking for solution for this type of error can you please

provide a solution on this.

Thanks

Hari