cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW to APO-BW triggering

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an APO-BW process chain that depends on a BW process chain completing and loaded an ODS. Currently it is scheduled on a timed interval but this assumes that the ODS has been successfully loaded. I was hoping someone could explain how to improve this process.

I had thought using events to schedule the APO-BW chain would be a viable option. My BW connection does not know how she can create an event in APO that could run the APO-BW process chain.

Any information or other suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will have to use what are known as 'Remote Process Chains'. This is available under the button 'Process Types'. You need to include this process type as a last step in your BW process chain. Here you need to mention the target system (APO system) and once you do that all process chain defined in APO will be available for selection. You can then select which process chain needs to be triggered after completion of your BW process chain.

Ofcourse, you need to ensure that all BASIS RFC setings need to be in place before you can configure this. The APO system needs to available as a 'target RFC destination' before you can choose it as a destination your remote process chain.

Hope this helps. Let me know in case of further queries.

Cheers,

Srinidhi.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You would have to create a custom program to create an event in another system using Function module RSSM_EVENT_RAISE (RFC enabled). The process chain in BW can call the custom program and raise a particular event. The process chain in APO-BW can be scheduled to wait for the specified event id.

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

You would be best off using a scheduling tool like Autosys which works across systems.

The longer approach would be to create a zero byte file at the end of the BW process chain on the APO application server through FTP or some other mechanism. You would then need another custom program on the APO side that looks for this trigger file and raises an event. The APO process chain can be set to start based on this event being raised. Hope this makes sense!