cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCM SNC vs SRM SUS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have worked with SNC and I understand the capabilities of SNC from a procure-2-pay cycle. But I have never been on SRM SUS or EBP or the e-procurement solution. Can somebody highlight the difference between the different procurement solutions from SAP and when to use what ?

Thanks,

Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

There are a couple of differences still between these two applications as they are marketed as two different solutions, even though there are many common features.

SAP had been discussing to merge these two applications together, but still have not heard any such effort towards this. So for somemore time these two applications will remain.

SUS(supplier self service) & EBP(Enterprise buyer professional) are two technical components in the SRM solution. They work together to give a e-procurement solution.EBP is the backbone of the solution which gives the buying,bidding functionality.Whereas SUS is a functionality which enables the supplier accomplish their tasks using the customer application, like adding product catalog, deleting them, modifying price,changing their details,etc.

SNC is a collaboration tool which can be used across the supply chain to optimize the supply demand chain by increasing the visibility among the suppliers / vendors, customers.

Now what is the real difference between these two is that SNC will give the realtime stock situation of the product or material, whereas SRM will not give the visibilty of the stock situation. Also SRM has the functionality of bidding,live auctions. SRM also supports services procurement, SNC does not.

SNC supports both Supplier & customer collaboration , SRM can be used to collaborate the supplier end.

Hope this answer can help you to decide on the solution to be used for the business scenarios.

Answers (0)